Holley accelerator pump problems

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been going through accelerator pump diaphrams like crazy on my Nova, and it's driving me nuts. I don't get to drive it nearly as much as I'd like, but I start it and let it run for a while at least once a week. I've checked the pump bases and covers to see if they were bent or had debris stuck to them, but they look fine. I don't ever remember having this much trouble with them years ago, even when we would scrounge them from swap meet carbs. I wonder if Holley has changed materials or something...this is crazy. Have any of you guys experienced this or is it just my pos carb?

Nope, no backfires. It actually runs really good, just leaking like a sieve at the accelerator pumps, especially the front one. Aside from potentially being a fire hazard it makes it a little tough to start. I just don't remember them leaking this bad back in the good old days.

my buddy jesse has a 80 dodge ram with a mildly built 360, His holly has been acting up too! His secondarys were bad right out of the box.. Hes returning it for an edelbrock. :X

Latest posts

Back