Home on The Range

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't see any deer or antelope playing, but did see some of the wild Bison herd that lives there.
20200429_163133.jpg

I never get tired of topping out on climbs around here.
20200429_162944.jpg

A beautiful day in the neighborhood.

Alright, plenty of deer an antelope playing yesterday evening because I had the place to myself. I even saw buffalo roaming! Post-Rain from a cruddy day Monday and perfect timing on letting things dry out just enough. Someone tried riding there earlier in the day and turned around after less than 50 yards. Patience is a Virtue.
Orangey.jpg

Perfect Dirt is a fine thing, indeed.

Alright, plenty of deer an antelope playing yesterday evening because I had the place to myself. I even saw buffalo roaming! Post-Rain from a cruddy day Monday and perfect timing on letting things dry out just enough. Someone tried riding there earlier in the day and turned around after less than 50 yards. Patience is a Virtue.
View attachment 120363
Perfect Dirt is a fine thing, indeed.

Hero dirt

Hero dirt
When you look down at your tires and see damp dirt stuck only to the face of the knobs, you know it's traction for days. My tires were about 5psi light of perfect last night. That extra 5 added today was probably 5psi too much. It changed that rapidly under the early morning sunny conditions.

I took Baby Blue out for a spin last night and picked up some work at the same time. One job in particular involved a black large-framed road bike I'd first seen about a month ago, sitting in a backyard. I couldn't see what it was, just that it was as described above. I kept cruising past the place on occasion, hoping to see someone outside to ask about it. Last night was the night and the owner was doing some cabinetry in his garage when I rolled up to say hey. Turns out that it's a custom Schwinn Paramount from the early 80's and needs restoration, so he's going to drop it on me when I have a free stand. Last stop was at the beer store and my friend there said he knows several people who need to get their bikes running. Hoping he can hook up a few tune-ups and maybe even a resto or two. He didn't make me pay for my sixer... Riding a bicycle around a town like this makes life so much easier.

A regular gravel guru aren't ya? :rofl:
Not really, just an occasional hankerin'. Some friends were camped at Pawnee Buttes and invited me up, so I spent a day up there and did a ride I had been eyeballing for a few years. The Weld County, CO roads department and I have never been in synch, as their road grading schedule often interferes with my search for fast-rolling hardpan. My route back was altered from my intended one, due to 4" deep fresh gravel in places southbound on CR105.

Latest posts

Back