"Hot Rod Charlie" the return of Bullet ( 1953 schwinn varsity)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mr Sticks showed Charlie a neat old trick to "flip " the bars and drop the headlight down low. It really made it look alot more racey !
IMG_20210503_183844976.jpg

That night Charlie pumped some serious iron.... He wanted to be in tip top shape to get this thing up to speed!
846-05646035en_Masterfile.jpg

The 53 varsity had a super cool spear peaked front fender. Unfortunately the back fender was trashed and the back half of the front one was as well from a bad crash in Sticks last race years ago. They decided to remove both fenders completely , but planned to cut the peaked tip off of the front fender and use it ok the back as a bobbed / peaked rear fender. Neat !
FB_IMG_1601519846968.jpg

You've got me following every step along the way, Ben! It's like binge watching Saturday morning cartoons, except in my day we had to wait a week for the next episode! :21:

Great story, and this build is going to be fun to watch as 'Charlie' nears race day. RaT oN~!

You've got me following every step along the way, Ben! It's like binge watching Saturday morning cartoons, except in my day we had to wait a week for the next episode! :21:

Great story, and this build is going to be fun to watch as 'Charlie' nears race day. RaT oN~!
Nothing like a super cheesey story line !

Day two was spent with Charlie learning a out stuck bolts , getting greasy , and busted knuckles ( after mowing the shop yard of course ). Old Bullet was down to just a frame . Sticks was enjoying telling Charlie stories of bicycle races , and teaching him a thing or two...
dirty-hand-2751266.jpg

Saw a cool lucky 7 style seat post for sale on Facebook , pay pal wired the cash and its on it way , ten minutes later , from two states away BUT , for the sake of the story Charlie and Sticks found a "Lucky 7 " seat post on an old pre war relic frame after an hour of digging through the pile of bikes for just the right piece. Charlie liked the name of the seat post and laughed about it. " I'm gonna need all the lucky I can get Mr Sticks "
harleyracer.jpg

That night Charlie fell asleep in half awake daydreams of how the race would go down... Tire burning wheelies at the sound of the gunshot start .... What would it feel like to go over 80 on a bicycle .... Thousands of kids cheering him on by the roadside .... And Becca running to him , totally won over , at the finish line....

DA BOSS

Your 'binge readers' will be awaiting the next Season 2 with baited breath! Allergy season is in full swing here too, take care and we will see you in a couple weeks.

It's June, what has Charlie been up to???

I sure hope Charlie didn't crash on the hill!!!!!

New episodes of the Hot Rod Charlie saga will restart in June... The writers are dealing with his and hers upper respitory/ sinus infection crud , helping with a wedding , and hosting a charity car club ride on the 30th. Stay tuned for season 2 coming soon!!

I've been looking everywhere for Season 2 of Hot Rod Charlie and can't find it anywhere? Do I need to subscribe to Hulu or NetFlix ??? :D
How's the build and Charlie doing man? You still have 27 days to go!

Latest posts

Back