Hot Rod Hawthorne

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you fab up a catch for the dropstand? Bike is looking great. I like the brick red myself.

Did you fab up a catch for the dropstand? Bike is looking great. I like the brick red myself.

Sort of. It's a piece of 1/8" steel rod clamped in the coaster brake bracket and run back over the axle to hold up the stand. Small enough to be hard to see as I ride by, but stout enough to do the job. I will revisit this after painting to see if something better comes up.

20220610_192552~2.jpg

Had a break in the heat today, so after finishing the mowing I got a couple little wooden pieces I have been thinking about made up for the Hawthorne. A triangular piece to locate the top of the woodwork and a trim piece to add to the streamline modern look.
20220711_190913.jpg

20220711_190849.jpg

20220711_191027.jpg

This build looks great!

How's this build coming along? One month to go baby! Bring it on home!

Real life has butted into my build-off plans. We decided it was time to get me my own shop building. While looking at pre-built sheds we found that the ramp a volunteer group had built for my mother-in-law a couple of years ago needed a permit. She passed away a year ago, so to make things "legal" I have been tearing it down. It was about 40 feet long in an "L" shape and rose to about 5 feet at our front porch.

New 12x12 building arrives Monday (hopefully). Gonna try to reuse as much of the ramp as possible for work benches.

Gonna try and tear down the bike this weekend and paint it. Hopefully final assembly will be in the new shop!

Real life has butted into my build-off plans. We decided it was time to get me my own shop building. While looking at pre-built sheds we found that the ramp a volunteer group had built for my mother-in-law a couple of years ago needed a permit. She passed away a year ago, so to make things "legal" I have been tearing it down. It was about 40 feet long in an "L" shape and rose to about 5 feet at our front porch.

New 12x12 building arrives Monday (hopefully). Gonna try to reuse as much of the ramp as possible for work benches.

Gonna try and tear down the bike this weekend and paint it. Hopefully final assembly will be in the new shop!

Sorry for the loss of your mother, but glad to hear that she sent you a gift to build your workbenches out of.

Latest posts

Back