Hot Rod Hoedown in Phillytown <<Pics added!!>>

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well, I knew this was a big event from hangin' out at the HAMB site. Missed last year's in Bensalem and regretted it. Never really thought our bikes would be accepted, but figured I'd email the show's promoter nonetheless.

Delighted to receice an email back that he'd love to have us there. Would even put us in a 'prime' location. :D I mentioned that we could bring trophies if he didn't have any for us, and he said they would have some for us. I may still fab one up for a Best of Show bike.

This thing looks crazy. Best thing is the $15 registration fee covers the car museaun on the grounds.

I sure hope we can get a B-I-G turnout.

Here's the details

HOTROD HOEDOWN LOWDOWN

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

WOW ! The HRHD is coming together fast and furiously! ThIS year looks to be even more fun than ever!

FIRST ; We are thrilled and honored to be hosted at the

SIMEONE FOUNDATION AUTOMOTIVE MUSEUM OF RACE CARS

(SimeoneMuseum.org ) 6825 Norwitch Dr,Phila,Pa,19153

This is a local treasure and a Historical + Automotive treasure trove ! Dr.Simeone's collection covers the

Living History of RACE CARS from the 1800's thru the 1970's and into the future! We will be bringing the ;

RATS/RUST + RODS to the RACE ! As TODAYS" HOTRODDERS and CAR CRUISERS comingle with some

of the most incredible and amazing autos to tear up the Raceways ! The SIMEONE MUSEUM turns every

auto enthusiast back into a kid , and every casual spectator into a RACING FAN ! You will LOVE this unparalled

collection and will become a special place to share and enjoy again and again ! ALSO; there will be a special

ANTIQUE MOTORCYCLE and HOTROD HISTORY EXHIBITS on display in the Museum !

NEXT: The HRHD is being held ine the giant 3+ acre parking lot behind the Museum! The entry is $15 per person and

includes Entry to the Museum,,(kids under 8 are FREE) ! There will be tons going on all day ,both days; SAT+ SUN

from 10am to 5 pm ( vehicle registration starts at 9am).
Besides the all the greta CARS/TRUCKS/BIKES/ FEATURED VEHICLES:there will be ; ART SALE /DJ MACK THOMAS / LIVE BANDS : SPEEDWELLS/JET WESTON /SHARKSKINS/ ATOMIC MOSQUITOS/ FULL BLOWN CHERRY + OTHERS / TAT2 CONTEST/MS/MR+JUNIOR MS HRHD PINUP CONTEST/GIVEAWAYS/CELEBRITY GUESTS /SWAP MEET /

VINTAGE+COOLECTIBLE VENDORS/ PINSTRIPERS + ART / DISPLAYS/TECH INFO/ EXHIBITS/ FOOD /DRINK/ MORE...watch the site for updates and scheduling....

The HRHD has been a celebration of everything COOL CAR related ,and joining with SIMEONE MUSEUM really bringsthe LOWBROW to the HIGHBROW ! The lively energy of the ;Hotrod/Ratrodders will fill the Museum with LOVE andRESECT for those wild innovators that came before us! PLEASE : TREAT THE MUSEUM ,the lot ,the COLLECTION ,the facilities ,and the staff with RESPECT and care! Let's show that us RAT/HOT RODDERS are NOT the Delinquentsthat we have been labeled by squares in those old movies!

PLEASE remember ; DO NOT TOUCH ! ,the Museum collection is PRICELESS ! There will be

Musuem staff on hand to answere questions ,etc ;PHOTOS are encouraged ! ENJOY and be SAFE !

There will be affordable FOOD/DRINKS/REFRESHMENTS available ! PLEASE : NO ALCOHOL /BEER /ETC ! ALSO; NO PETS ! , NO LOUD MUSIC ! NO BURNING TIRES!

PLEASE be SAFE , CAREFUL ,COOPERATIVE ,please PUT TRASH in CONTAINERS , BE HELPFUL , and freindly to others! We want to show that us RODDERS arethe kind of people that are WELCOMED anywhere we go! In the 11 years of the HRHD ,we have had NO troubles ,andhave had POSITIVE experiences all around ! Lets's make this HRHD the greatest yet !

The SIMEONE MUSEUM is EASY TO GET TO ; OFF INTERSTATE 95 ,,EXITS 13+14 ,,behind Pacifico Ford in the

AutoMall near Phila Int Airport. The HOTELS are within minutes of the show .

ROCK-n-ROLL RUMBLE

is being held SAT NIGHT 4-12 pm @ REFLECTIONS in the RAMADA Phila Int Airport ! This is a neat room with a greatatmosphere , LIVE BANDS + DJS will be making the scene spin all afternoon into the night! KING SICKABILLY + THEYOUNG WEREWOLFS and MORE BANDS are being booked ! Info on sites as available ! There is plenty of parking +Hotel Rooms with a rate of $99 ( mention the HRHD ) for those hat dont want to drink and drive ! This is the site of the3rd HRHD + THEY appreciate our Business ,,so show them some love ! 21+OVER .$15 @ ( $10 with HRHD Wristband)

ART SHOW ; OPENING ; FRIDAY NIGHT SEPT 10, 6PM-10PM

@ JINXED PHILLY GALLERY in THE PIAZZA ,2nd + Girard aves

The HRHD KUSTOM KULTURE ART SHOW is being hosted by the Hottest and Koolest gallery in town;

JINXED PHILLY ! Featuring TOP TALENT from the area ,and abroad ! the PIZZ/ DEREK/OUCH/BIRD/ PINSTRIPERS/BLICKENSTIEN/ STANKIS/ and others,PLUS prints by ROTH/ R.WILLIAMS/ KOZIK/COOP and more . Check itout and pick up on some great art ! SUBMISSIONS are being accepted untilo aug 27th! rsvp asap

OTHER STUFF : The HRHD is a celebration of everything Kustom Kulture / Cool Car related; Cars/ Art/ Music /

Fashion /Style /fun ! We encourage an atmosphere of acceptance and cooperation! DIG each other's idea of KOOL ,and share in the stories,ideas ,tips ,jokes, tall tales, that make this such a great adventure! Come out and find that ;RARE part ,rusty metal, cool tshirt , wild art , rockin music ,sexy accessory or something taht you didnt even knowthat you wanted or needed! SHARE YOUR stories,ideas,creativity with everyone! Be KOOL and SAFE! LOOKOUT foreach other ,and especially the little ones. BRING OUT YOUR CREATIONS ;CARS/ART/ETC! Bring your pals,family,heck even that person who doesnt get out much,,,make someones weekend by bringing them allong! DIG the WILDRIDES and WAY OUT SCENE ; ALL DAY ! THEN in the AFTERNOON ,early evening head over to theROCKnROLL RUMBLE @ Reflections , and dance,swing,and rock out all night! The HRHD is the EAST COAST'sKOOLEST CAR SHOW + ROCK-n-ROLL REVUE ! and YOU MAKE IT !

UPDATES: Watch the sites for the latest UPDATES as they happen. BANDS ,SCHEDULES, INFO ,etc

there is so much happening so fast that daily update may appear ,,so keep watching out for them!

VENDORS: there are spots available for Swapmeet/Vendors ; contact asap

slated so far; John's Old School Barbers /Lady J 's Glamour shop / J Hively signs+shirts

Jim Cartier Pinstriper/ Hotrod Jen Pinstriper /Matt Stankis Pinstriper/ Smitty's bowlingpins+art

Stainless Stan's / Rockabilly Hoodlum / Stella Rea Vintage / Steve Blickenstien art/ RatFinkmerch

plus swap meet vendors with all that old metal+parts that you want+ need! More to be listed soon!

HELP! HELP! HALP! : We NEED HELP! VOLUNTEERS AND STAFF NEEDED FOR BOTH DAYS!

2 HOUR SHIFTS ! PARKING/REG/MERCH/HELP IS NEEDED ! Sign up for a 2 hour shift and get ;

ENTRY to show /Shirt/etc/Food and more ! WORK more hours for PAY $ ! Contact asap! Be part

of the HRHD ! It's easy,Fun and you will be part of the great event !

PROMOTION ! anyone have any hookups for promotion/news/tv/radio/etc ,,point them towards us !

Can you help any other way? hand out flyers ,put up a poster in your business? let us know!
SPONSORS! want to help by being a SPONSOR! help us pay for PortaJohns/Sound-Stage/etc

get your company's name out there in a positive way ! Let's work together and get YOU involved!

LISTEN IN EVERY TUESDAY 1-5pm on 103.3fm + WPRB.com for updates,news and the best in

modern and classic ROCKABILLY,RnROLL,HILLBILLY,SIRF and GARAGE music !

CONTACT; 215 962 0636 [email protected]

http://www.hotrodhoedown.com

http://www.facebook.com/hotrodhoedown

http://www.myspace.com/hotrodhoedown

hoedown.jpg

Re: Hot Rod Hoedown in Phillytown (9/11) WE'RE IN!

I've gone to this thing before and can recommend it highly! I've always had a heck of a good time in the past and consider it a must do event. If I could only get to one event a year it would be this one! 8)

the friday september 10th pre party has been moved to jacks twin bar in gloucester city, nj at the corner of broad and market street. just take the market street exit off of 76! uber easy to get to! there will be plenty of bands, booze, and babes on hand! once i find out the band lineup, i'll post it up!

Cool! I'll be there too!

CRAZY! Jsut got on this forum and a frined on FB posted this event on my wall. looks like I'm suppost to go to this event. Yo will there be a bike section? Or at least a meet up?....I have a 7ft rat I'd like to bring up and finally show off to some catz that understand why you whould 7 ft raty bike.

A little bit more info:

I asked the promoter (sorry , no name yet) if he'd add some info about our bike category and he said he'd amend his website to include us.

Also, we don't have to 'register' per se, rather just pay the entrance fee at the door which gets you into the museaun, the grounds, and into the contest if you want.

BTW, the trophy's taking form, so better get your Rats ready if you want a chance at the Spin's one-of-a-kind, neat-o-sonic trophies!!! 8)

I asked the promoter if his peeps could decide on who's Ray is B.O.S.

yo......were,what day and time will the bike show be? cuz I have to work saturday, and get off at 5pm so I wouldn't get to Philly till 7-30-8,(+parking.) :( grrrrr. so if the bike show is late saturday ..in a sketchy ratty lite up parking lot or on sunday Ill be ther 100%....I'm not saying make the plans around me, but I WANT TO BE APRAT OF THIS SO BAD!!!! I'll be up sunday either way to hang out. I'm so stoked to finally meet so other poeple that are in to rat bikes as much as I am.

Re: Hot Rod Hoedown in Phillytown (9/11) <<WIN THIS TROPHY!!>>

"...So who is down for sat? Do we have a place to meet up at and hang out at>>>"

I'll be there early (like 10), and set up the bike wherever they want us to set up at.

Guess after that, we can all hang out

Spin

Full blown cherry and sean k preston are playing the pre party at jacks twin bar in Gloucester city NJ on Friday Sept 10th..Pre party for the hot rod hoedown..Yall better get your ..... out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bighit said:
So who is down for sat? Do we have a place to meet up at and hang out at?
I'm all over it like a coat of paint, daddy-o! I'll be there! From what I understand bicycles will have their own spot.
8)

Latest posts

Back