How can I save this seat?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
I have this blue seat with some surface scuffs and a could small cuts with rust in them? I don't have the time to recover it or money to replace it. I was hoping there was some sort of scrubbing compound, or a lotion that would restore the shine?

dsc1223a.jpg

Crash, is that vinyl or one of the rubberized ones? I've never had any luck removing scuffs from mine.

I just recovered a highback Troxel from an AMF bike in a blue sparkle (no pleats). I searched high and low for pleated material and never found any. Anyway, if you want to try to recover I have some material I will send you. It is a shade darker but it looks pretty good. I will post pics tonight idf you want.

I just remembered, I do have the original heat pleated cover from the high back. Yours looks like a low back so maybe there's enough their to cover yours. I replaced it due to cuts at the edges of the rear corners. I'll take a pic and rough dimensions of it too.

Rg

Never tried Never Dull (a aluminum cotton wading polish ) on vinyll, but have on hard plastic like speedometer lenses and such and it worked great. Just a thought. Dont think it would get rid of the cuts but maybe bring some shine back.

I'm not sure if it's vinal or plastic. It feels hard like plastic, but it may just be old. Jim, I would be nervous to recover. If I screwed it up I'd be SOL.

I'm going to be putting a 36" sissy on it. Would that fit one of those back pads you mentioned?

CRASH said:
I'm not sure if it's vinal or plastic. It feels hard like plastic, but it may just be old. Jim, I would be nervous to recover. If I screwed it up I'd be SOL.

I'm going to be putting a 36" sissy on it. Would that fit one of those back pads you mentioned?

I know what you mean, I hate recovering seats and I only do it as a last resort. I'm not very good at it.

When I said high back I was talking about the deep troxel seats, like this one, except blue.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-Schwinn ... 7675.l2557

Might try a super glue gel on the cuts just to keep them from growing on you. I would try the polish I mentioned earlier on MBA. :D

Voyager Al said:
clear nail polish on the scuffs.

+1...and then massage in some Pledge furniture polish....works great on vinyl and leather. :D

Latest posts

Back