How did you come up with your AVATAR ? And Screen Name ?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back in the last century, I had a girlfriend and a '65 Plymouth Fury. She nicked me furyus George, the naughty monkey. The girlfriend is long gone, and so is the Plymouth (I miss the Fury), but the nick has followed me all over Al Gore's Internet. And there you go.

furyus

Sorry to hear about your fury .:(

Mine is a clip from my ride vid of my MBBO #5 build "Shelby Flyer Woody". I was shooting during the ride, noticing my shadow along the way. When I stopped, this image was standing next to me....

Screen name ?

Screen name ?
If you mean our member name or username, I first came up with OddJob for my username on Instructables.com . Since we were featuring projects or 'jobs' we had done on sometimes 'odd' creations; I just put the two together. Also, I'm a huge James Bond fan.....

I already responded ages ago about my handle and my old Avatar. The current one is the Photobucket ransom note, because Photobucket has almost destroyed many online forums and I wanted to be a brat about it.

That's only part of the question answered.
How bout your screen name ?

One of my favourite angles on my 1960 Jaguar. Fenders are full of tire.
69EE4B22-9290-4E69-A84D-1D9D826EFD9E.jpeg

GTV is an acronym for Grand Touring Volkswagen. From 1966 to 1972 they were brand new VW’s that we’re outfitted by EMPI affiliated dealers with numerous performance and other accessories. I owned an original, or rather it owned me, and long story short it lives in England now.
57832CB9-8CDA-4DDD-840D-6967CD3BDDCD.jpeg

I did not want to violate copyrights, and was looking at an old Westfield add:
upload_2018-5-6_22-8-36.png

Having an eye for details, I looked closely at the artistic picture, and found my avatar:
upload_2018-5-6_22-10-59.png

Seemed appropriate at the time, bikers just riding by, not even noticing my "post" (in the middle of the picture).
upload_2018-5-6_22-13-55.png

I picked the screen name because Rat Fink was already taken, and because Phil has one "i".

I did not want to violate copyrights, and was looking at an old Westfield add:
View attachment 74729
Having an eye for details, I looked closely at the artistic picture, and found my avatar:
View attachment 74730
Seemed appropriate at the time, bikers just riding by, not even noticing my "post" (in the middle of the picture).
View attachment 74731
I picked the screen name because Rat Fink was already taken, and because Phil has one "i".

Kinda bizzar but interesting

My first two initials are HR, which leads to HR PufnStuf within the extended family. Morphing that over: bike riding makes you huff and puff. I tend to use different usernames on different forums, but this one seems to be sticking.

The pic one of many of my bikes in front of the lake on the way to work on a cool calm morning. This bike seemed most suited to this forum. I'll probably change it up from time to time depending on the bike etc.

Matti previously thundrrred on motorcycle forums. Kinda sorta a play on my name if you are drunk, was originally Nacho Thunder when I was allowed on FB. The avatar is an old photo from date night at the museum. Wanted to look a little classy

My Avatar is me at 9 years old with the first bike I built myself in Summer 1974 in Ft. Collins, CO. Behind the house across the street in the pic was a huge field with trails where we would ride.

I went there a couple of years ago when I was thinking of taking that area as my sales territory. The huge field is still there & folks having fun on bikes!! There's a big dirt jump section nestled in the southwest corner of the field butted up to the neighborhood & train tracks & I believe they have been running Cyclocross races in that big field! :cool: :cool: :cool:

My User name is my last nickname earned by my loooong arms. Most people with arms extended out to the side have a wingspan very close to their height. I have about an extra foot of wingspan. I can bend over and touch the ground with one finger and the top of the door jamb with the opposite hand. I'm an even 6' tall. 🤓

Years ago I wanted a single global name, so it was J.Rhapsody, and I wanted a first name, and Jax just came to me. I've used several avatars over the years, but somebody I knew made a neme of me with some iphone app, so I saved it, and started using it everywhere it'd fit, few years back.
DealWithJax.png

Decided to post here since there is a new avatar i use.
The nickname comes from a misspelled stranger that i liked a lot because there is a ⭐star in it! So here i am, shining bright :D
The new avatar is actually a logo of my new brand I've created to represent my bicycle design activities. I used to go by "Conscious Cycles" before, and as i like the idea of it and i believe there is a good intention behind it, i felt there is time for something new. "Conscious Cycles" stands for the fact that if you decide on what kind of bike to ride consciously instead of following what is popular now or what is advertised, you are going to end up with a better suited bike that would make you a happier person. But in the end i thought i need something shorter and clearer, more catchy.
So here is my new brand name - "Volna". In my native tongue it means "wave", and it applies fine to the vintage cruiser bikes aesthetics. Also i believe the name sounds nice and though it may not involve a lot of associations for a non-Russian speaker, it is easy to pronounce and to remember.
Here is the logo along with the lettering in both Latin and Cyrillic alphabet.
Volna_preview.png

Latest posts

Back