how do i make this look old

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
100_1171.jpg

100_1170.jpg

I've used a Scotchbrite disk (got it from Walmart) that fits in a drill to scuff chrome. Looks really nice, but I'd be careful on that thin metal. 400 grit wet/dry sandpaper will work too. Also be aware that it may only be single plated and not have any base layers under it. If it's single-plate and you sand through it your horn wil rust.

buzzy said:
i want it to rust
Use the scotchbrite to burn through the chrome, then douse it with muriatic acid. Muriatic acid on bare metal will make instant rust. Might also try Naval Jelly...I used it on some chrome parts once...made them look all crusty and bad.

SAw in your sig you have a link to killbillet. What's your name over there? Wonder how many of us are on both sites?

if your looking for it to rust, i remember a long time ago on the is forum, there was this bike that looked rusty, well it was rusty....

..anyways the guys soaked it salt water for awhile, so i guess give that a try its dirt cheap too :p

If it was made in china or india or some other third world country just leave it outside for a day or two...it will rust before your very eyes.

buzzy said:
i want it to rust

Scuff it and tie it to some rope and dangle it off a bridge for a few dayz!

Back