how do you build a zeat post

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i wanna build a zeat post since i have seen a couple of people sporting them.. i just wanna know how do make one, how long of a peice should i use,is steal rod or tubing better, what angle should i cut it at ????
i wanna turn my schwinn into a board tracker and i wanna sit back further on my bike, plus i think if i make this i might take a crack at Z-bars...

here's the bike

Picture005.jpg

magicrat i brought that bike back because it is so darn cool. i forgot about that stem idea that is too cool as well.

wow though's are some sweet looking seat post's...... i attempted to do my own zeat post i had to use a hacksaw at work with a miter box i need to do some grinding and then when the whether is better break out the welder and go to town lol.....

Picture008.jpg

i only had a 12inch 7/8th steal rod so its not to lond but i might get another and try a longer one if this works out i hope my welding is up to snuff lol for something that i will be putting my weight on :?

those are more accurate cuts than I have done. you're off to a good start.

well i welded it all together this afternoon..and after easing in in the tube with a 5lb hammer cause it was a bit snug.... i even was daring enough to go for a tour around the neighborhood and i didn't kill myself.....

Picture010.jpg

Picture011.jpg

lucky i have the kids all ready..... and as for breaking the welds! i am pushing about 250ish lbs and rode around on it for 6 month's and not even a stress crack i had the welder cranked as high as i could to get a good penetration into the metal......

Latest posts

Back