How do you find the time?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, and I have another bike if I had not chopped the frame before the prices went up, the one the 3-speed derailleur in my little picture on the left came off. I have another frame that I could rebuild, pop the original forks and parts on, and there you go!

Here's a time quandary.
How do the alerts post tomorrow or later today?
I've never seen this before. So I took a picture of my pad with my phone...
IMG_20230523_161238826.jpg

I work M-F 6ish AM until whenever, 4 or 5 or so. Married 32 years. Wife likes attention. Also have 2 big dogs, have about 1/2 acre of yard to work each weekend, plus all the extra stuff. Truck, dart, roof etc. It all adds up.

I'd like to spend a couple hours a week going through updates, but that's hard todo. I try to spend an hour a day on one of my builds at a minimum. Some days just get too busy with life.

When I post a major update, if I have the time, sometimes I will go through every post above mine in the list and like and comment if I can help, or just see something really cool. Then I do the big post to finish the session off.

That way I see at least a portion of the builds. Better than a few years ago when i was working 60+ hour weeks and had no time to keep up.

There are a few comments I keep track of to also reply to from time to time.

If one could not find the time, even just 30 minutes a week, to catch up with builds, to “like” or comment, then why be part of a community? I’ve stayed up on nearly every active build and it was an easy task. I’ve lost interest in my build journal since only a couple of people are watching. Doesn’t seem to be much of a community anymore, more of a click of friends.

I get lots of time during the day, I drive a truck on night shift, I usually get between 9am - 3pm everyday to do whatevers on the cards, sometimes I check and like posts and some i'll comment but I under no circumstances have the time to look at all builds,, as with others I usually check on the list from the latest post's and any alerts I may recieve, but as mentioned above, a lot of ideas, color combo's, fix it up processes all come from other builds that we look at! so really...Hmmmmm
we also have to careful and remain mature enough to not let that horrid thing called "Social media anxiety" take over our usually passive and relaxed mindset!

If one could not find the time, even just 30 minutes a week, to catch up with builds, to “like” or comment, then why be part of a community? I’ve stayed up on nearly every active build and it was an easy task. I’ve lost interest in my build journal since only a couple of people are watching. Doesn’t seem to be much of a community anymore, more of a click of friends.
I'm sorry you feel that way. Everyone is here on the forum in whatever capacity they are able (time wise). Some people are in a position to devote more time to it. I've been following your build all along and your hunt for the right paint color, etc. You just stopped posting regularly. Your last few posts were 1-2 weeks apart, so it's hard to stay engaged when there isn't much to engage with. I understand feeling like you're on the outskirts, but I don't think anyone is intentionally excluding you. I think you just need to show us more of what you're doing, as you are able.

Last edited:
I am new here so of course take what I say with a grain of salt; definition of a community can have a broad interpretation but we all do different things (turn the compost, take out trash etc etc,). Early on in my involvement here I read a post of someone lamenting similar to above, and I get it, I understand we all have different circumstances, therefore different amount of time to spare. I can barely use my right arem/hand, stand, walk. Those are the cards we are dealt. I too, like SHP, only post every 1 to 2 weeks because I know most people are short on time and I prefer to display the bigger hurdles and how I dealt with them. If someone has a question about that part or leading up to it, I happily respond. So, many of you know so much about these bikes and are familiar with the BO process. I am not, but I took in advisement from Admins to have fun with it (although I do get grumpy when the Build isn't going my way ....:nod:

Sorry for being long winded.....

I'm sorry you feel that way. Everyone is here on the forum in whatever capacity they are able (time wise). Some people are in a position to devote more time to it. I've been following your build all along and your hunt for the right paint color, etc. You just stopped posting regularly. Your last few posts were 1-2 weeks apart, so it's hard to stay engaged when there isn't much to engage with. I understand feeling like your on the outskirts, but I don't think anyone is intentionally excluding you. I think you just need to show us more of what your doing, as you are able.

Here's a time quandary.
How do the alerts post tomorrow or later today?
I've never seen this before. So I took a picture of my pad with my phone...View attachment 233717
Your profile was set to the wrong time zone. The site server is based off of GMT. I adjusted you to US CST. Let us know if something is still wonky 👍

I'm sorry you feel that way. Everyone is here on the forum in whatever capacity they are able (time wise). Some people are in a position to devote more time to it. I've been following your build all along and your hunt for the right paint color, etc. You just stopped posting regularly. Your last few posts were 1-2 weeks apart, so it's hard to stay engaged when there isn't much to engage with. I understand feeling like you're on the outskirts, but I don't think anyone is intentionally excluding you. I think you just need to show us more of what you're doing, as you are able.
I don’t really feel excluded. Sometimes I just expect too much. Complain too much. Carry on having fun!✌🏻thanks for following what I have done!

I am new here so of course take what I say with a grain of salt; definition of a community can have a broad interpretation but we all do different things (turn the compost, take out trash etc etc,). Early on in my involvement here I read a post of someone lamenting similar to above, and I get it, I understand we all have different circumstances, therefore different amount of time to spare. I can barely use my right arem/hand, stand, walk. Those are the cards we are dealt. I too, like SHP, only post every 1 to 2 weeks because I know most people are short on time and I prefer to display the bigger hurdles and how I dealt with them. If someone has a question about that part or leading up to it, I happily respond. So, many of you know so much about these bikes and are familiar with the BO process. I am not, but I took in advisement from Admins to have fun with it (although I do get grumpy when the Build isn't going my way ....:nod:

Sorry for being long winded.....
Thanks for the thoughts. I guess we all do what we can and when we can. To have fun is of greatest importance. 👍🏼

I don’t care what anyone says. This site is a great community! Everyone is so positive and helpful, it is almost hard to believe. Often I google a bike related question and find discussions on several other bike related sites. For whatever reason, the other sites just seem to be littered with rude comments. Not here. This place is fantastic. I know getting likes and followers can be addictive. I’ve fallen in the trap myself. Just know that this is a small niche site. You might not get many follows, but the few that do are quality. People here are genuinely interested in your build.

Latest posts

Back