How to remove Schwinn headbadge screws.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a 57-58 Schwinn Jaguar. And it is a rust bucket. I can't seem to find a screw driver that is small enough and has enough power to wrench it off. Any suggestions?
jag3.jpg

i bought a handful of little flat screwdrivers at ace hardware, im assumin any auto parts store would have the same thing, they usually have a little pocket clip on them too.

2in1-Pocket-Screwdriver-Jar1.jpg

theyre brass, if there stripped i usually try to tap the screwdriver with a hammer kind of remashing a slot in them, trying to punch a small phillips screwdriver in it might work too. if that fails , i get out the dremel and gring them off.

need to be careful doing either though, a small slip and your cut or punched a hole in your badge.

that's not an expensive badge on ebay if violence becomes the only alternative....... :wink:

I'm going to try to save it because I'm on a tight budget but I'll keep that in mind. And if I did that would there be anything I could use in place of the original screws?

KickBackCycles said:
I'm going to try to save it because I'm on a tight budget but I'll keep that in mind. And if I did that would there be anything I could use in place of the original screws?

The screws that hold the two halves of a cassette tape together are the right size.

Latest posts

Back