Howdy from New York.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been a long time follower on RatRodBikes. Often going here to get insperation, or just oogle at the creativity of the bikes getting built and shown here. The thing is that I havn't joined because I thought I wasn't cool enough to hang with you birds. But, it is better to join that just get left behind. Maybe some of this creativity will rub off on me.

I belong to other online bike forums. And originality is important there. But I like to tinker so, I tend not to honor originality even though I understand it and even encourage it in many cases.

If I only get to comment on some of the cool bikes that are being built here, that would be fun enough, but I do plan to "throw my hat into the ring" for one of these build offs. We'll see how it goes.

I had a cycling friend that was had recently gotten a job in the music business. When quirried on what types of music she prefered, she wouldn't commit. She said she liked it all. We said "oh, comon' everything?". She said yea. We couldn't understander her not having her own preferences.

So, here I am on RatRodBikes and I have to say I like all bikes. Yea, I have preferences on what I actually put in my garage and swing my leg over, but I appreciate all bikes. I think I understand my friends girlfriend better now. As long as you are making music and having fun, it all good.

G-day from down under! nice to see you here, I can safely say I dont join the build off's to win , only to be involved! some of the bike builders / restorer's on here are just as good if not better than anywhere else so im an also ran but love it! its great to be involved! Welcome aboard!

This was built back in the early '80"s when colored anodizing was so available. Even some items that weren't anodized were made to look like it, like the stem and pedals on this particular bike. Everything else that is red is anodized. The rack and the decals were from Schwinn. I worked at a dealer back then. The paint is Rustoleum enamel over red oxide primer.

Attachments

• Schwinn Heavy Duti.png
    Schwinn Heavy Duti.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back