Huffman Pace Maker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
My recent find; 1939 Pace Maker This bike belonged to an 85 year old gent who had it since it was new and he was 10 years old. He had taken the tank off many years ago because he liked his bike without it on. Everything is original except for the stand. He said he never had a kickstand on it; he would just lay it down on its side. I got the paint to shine after cleaning years of grease and grime off the bike. It's my latest rider and I'm loving it!

1939PaceMaker013_zps01cef354.jpg

1939PaceMaker012_zpsf8f35f3d.jpg

1939PaceMaker011_zpsde34ef30.jpg

1939PaceMaker010_zps76bab725.jpg

1939PaceMaker009_zps1579b86f.jpg

1939PaceMaker008_zps770d688e.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful history and bike. Really makes it extra special acquiring it from the original owner and being able to learn the history.

a rare one to, Make sure you get it appraised b a few experts.

Nick.

Ahhh, the experts. There are the experts that will always appraise at a high price in hopes to keep the value of there similar items high and then there are the experts that will shoot you a low estimate in hopes to score an item on the cheap. :rolleyes: If the "experts" can not ever come close to agreeing on anything are they still experts are just people with opinions and agendas? Sorry for the rant and this is not directed at Nick or the OP just something that has been on my mind since I first saw this bike on the cabe and started wondering how many unsolicited expert opinions were PMd on the bikes value.

BTW, IF you do choose to sell I would be interested AND Im local ;)
But only if you have a price in mind...Im no expert so I always let the seller set what he thinks is a fair price.

-Brian

Thanks, everyone for the comments. We do love our bikes! I always try to get as much info on who owned the bike prior to me. It makes it so more personal....my problem is I get an attachment to each one. My goal is to keep 'em like the way I got them and keep 'em riders!

Ahhh, the experts. There are the experts that will always appraise at a high price in hopes to keep the value of there similar items high and then there are the experts that will shoot you a low estimate in hopes to score an item on the cheap. :rolleyes: If the "experts" can not ever come close to agreeing on anything are they still experts are just people with opinions and agendas? Sorry for the rant and this is not directed at Nick or the OP just something that has been on my mind since I first saw this bike on the cabe and started wondering how many unsolicited expert opinions were PMd on the bikes value.

BTW, IF you do choose to sell I would be interested AND Im local ;)
But only if you have a price in mind...Im no expert so I always let the seller set what he thinks is a fair price.

-Brian
Thanks, Brian. I believe I met you at one of the Western MA swap shows last year on a cold, bitter Sunday morning. No plans to sell any of my bikes for now; my wife I'm sure has other thoughts! Be well...keep ridin'. Ray in Ipswich

Nice find. Chain guard? Post a picture on The Cabe the pm's will fly. If your going to sell it. :bigboss:

I found a 1941 Huffman Dixie Flyer complete just before the holidays. In a basement of a old bike shop. The tank was cool. Future rat rod. Until i find out what i had. The pm's came in. Haven't priced parts for huffman. The tanks are rare and expensive.

I saw one of your photos had a broken link...I grabbed all the ones from your photo bucket and posted them for you. Hope that's okay, this beauty needs to be seen from all angles!

Latest posts

Back