HUFFY and a PUCH

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
PLEASE don't "ban" me from the site. But this is my all time FAVORITE bike, the one I use the most. A Puch "Classic", that I bought a few years ago for $20. Road bike bars are to low for my taste, so I changed the bars, stem, and brake handles and cables. Also put an old Brooks "vinyl" seat. This bike is sooooo comfortable and fast (fast enough for me).
002-24.jpg

Bought this Huffy "Venice" a few years back, for my wife. Pedal forward, semi recumbent, LOADED with design flaws. Bars were way to low and to far forward, changed them, the "little" bars on the Puch came from this bike. Back rest was way to far back, (moved forward and welded in place). And had 36t chain ring, even with a six speed cassette it was slow. Now has a 54t Shimano Tiagra. These bikes show up once in a while for $50 (I paid $100 NIB, 3 years ago)....With a few mods they're neat little bikes!
003-11.jpg

PUCh looks nice with the creme tires. That Huffy is wild. A true step through.

Nice bikes KOTA. You got's taste. Your wifes bike looks comfy. The Puch looks cool......must be a nice ride. Makes me want to clean up my dad's old Uni Vega. My dad is almost 86 now and got it almost 30 years ago. He put a lot of miles on it localy. The old mechanic from the Idle Time Bike Shop had put comfy parts on with a new set of gears to make it easy for him to go fast like the young ones. I loved riding that bike back in the 80's. Your bringing back good memories with that Puch picture. :cry:

GL :D

They both look very comfortable. Kota, just be careful and try not to fall asleep while riding... kind of like falling out of a bed but off a bike and into the pavement. :mrgreen: Looking good.

does the Venice have seatbelts and airbags?

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
does the Venice have seatbelts and airbags?

No seatbelts.............And she doesn't want this "airbag" to ride it! :roll:

Latest posts

Back