Huffy Cheater Slick

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good evening everyone, I picked this wreck up today and have all the original parts from years ago, but I don't have an original matching chain guard. Does anyone know which year and model this is? I believe it is a Cheater Slick Modified. Where I can find an original chain guard and or decal. Thank you in advance.

Huffy Cheater Slick.jpg

Last edited:
I think that was a common chain guard used on a few bikes. If I'm correct, you probably won't have a hard time finding one. As for the decal, if you can't find one, you can get a vinyl place to cut one if you find the graphic online.

Somewhat old thread but it kinda fits into what I was doing this afternoon so I'll toss my two cents in.

The Cheater Slick I had as a kid had a single top tube. Was the twin tube a different year or a differnt model?

I remember breaking the frame on mine and being bummed, and then going to the store with my dad and walking out with a new one! That was pretty cool.

I'm not sure if this is the original or the replacement, but here's a low res copy of a picture of me and the bike.
Bike.jpg

I spent a LOT of time on that thing. Kinda sorta would think about looking for another one, though I know perfectly well it'd end up hanging in the basement just like every other bike I have.

Well, I learned the welding on these Huffy's was terrible and prone to snapping off the headset, which mine did as well.

Latest posts

Back