HUFFY PRO THUNDER MAX - PORKCHOPPED!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Snagged this cool Huffy F/F off of Smoopy last week in the For Sale section. I've always liked the Moosegoose, but they are way too expensive these days. Huffy made their version with similar geometry and some say it's even more rare than the Mongoose version.

I scrounged up some parts from the shed today and got it rolling. It's super comfortable and a hoot to ride. Will have to shoot some riding video tomorrow.

c64a70fa1c143bd3855721ff6c2dfe79.jpg

3d4e8ed1643a7f74f69f9a88bd82d6be.jpg

f805f98af15838914f5890ceb7465331.jpg

114fcceb140731949dd3c6ca22c5bfb1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a vision in my head for how I wanted this F/F built up and this isn't quite what I had in mind, but after digging through 6-7 giant tubs of spare parts, I built it up like this to make sure I'd like the way it rode.

A friend of mine actually had the old Skyways. They were seriously faded out, but I took some Liquid Wrench and a Scotchbrite pad and got them looking decent again. Thankfully the hubs were still in decent shape and the rear brake stopped great still.

I usually strive for visual balance when it comes to using the anodized parts. I plan to eventually get a blue quilted BMX seat, anodized blue chainring, blue rat trap pedals, a blue seat post clamp and maybe a blue vinyl V-bar snap pad.

Will that make the riding pics look better?

I always thought that style of frame was pretty cool.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

what's the value of a such a Huffy Thunder?

Latest posts

Back