HUFFY SCORES OF THE YEAR!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
The piace de' resistance...as I cruised through my local CL, I saw an ad that was posted late the previous evening - oh my how could I have missed this one? The title read "Vintage HUFFY SILVER JET" and how I was filled with glee and yet a bit of shame. I just cleaned out and parted out/junked seven old bicycles and I'm getting another. But it was only 25 minutes away from me. Oh what a fool I would be to pass up such a bike so close to home.

Well for $70 I got a very nice 1965 Huffy Silver Jet. I have the parts to rebuild/replace the tank. It is has gutted as a catfish. Sadly, no rack. But I saw that the man had a garage sale earlier. So I went on a pickin' fest. Most stuff was pretty beat or overpriced, but I dug out a seat...a white seat with a chrome crash rail and pleated vinyl. I had the most difficult time containing myself. It was the ORIGINAL SEAT for the bike! 1965 was the final year for an all-white seat on all Huffy Silver Jets and Monark Silver kings, then for only two years, '66 and '67, they went to two-tone red and white. So for a grand total of a mere $75...

2711.jpg

2712.jpg

2713.jpg

2714.jpg

2715.jpg

Oh, did I mention that despite the HUGE ape hangars...it still retained it's original, beautiful, "H" script Huffy grips? :eek:
2716.jpg

P.S. Did anybody notice that the fender ornament is mostly INTACT?!?

Re: SCORE OF THE YEAR!

LOL...I saw that and almost stopped by on my way from Ann Arbor on Sunday! Good job and congrats on a nice bike!

Terry66 said:
LOL...I saw that and almost stopped by on my way from Ann Arbor on Sunday! Good job and congrats on a nice bike!

LOL! I knew somebody should have snagged it and when I saw it and the time it was posted I thought that it would have sold for sure. Did you think of me at all when you saw this? It seems like it is always us, the same three guys buying all the old classics of craigslist. You, me, and npence it seems.

Now if somebody would buy that darn '77 Hollywood! Its in pink too! OR a buyer for the 'ole Hercules wouldn't hurt. :mrgreen:

Actually living where I do, I have to compete with you and Nate to the North and then Rusty (Mark) and his dad down south! :lol:

I'm glad you got the Silver Jet..... :mrgreen:

WHOOPS!

THIS WAS ANOTHER BIG SCORE! I scored it at a neighborhood yard sale event up the road in another town. One fellow had his entire driveway lined with stuff. Everybody was checking out the Lionel and Tyco trains (myself included) but the prices were full retail on the Tyco stuff and the Lionel trains were not that old either. There were some SS hubcaps, other GM parts from the 60s/70s. I stay away from GM parts. Too many parts are cheaply reproduced and its not worth my time as most of them fit many cars for many years anyway. As I kept on walking, I saw the name "Huffy" in the corner of my eye. I "calmy" picked it up and I about screamed at the price. NOS BABY! WITH THE TIN SIGN TOO!

PLEASE EXCUSE MY MESS! I'M CLEANING OUT AND WHAT YOU SEE IS SHIPPING SUPPLIES!

2722.jpg

I'd bet those spiders have been dead for longer than I have been alive - gross!
2723.jpg

2724.jpg

Now where to hang it?
2725.jpg

I sure was blessed this weekend!

I know the lube center is from the 60s but does anyone have a catalog for reference?

Beautiful Bike... I wouldn't mind picking one of those up one of these days....
And that Lubrication Center is Just Too Cool... And Useful

Latest posts

Back