Huffy Swingbike on a Saturday afternoon!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
There was that thread the other day about Swing Bikes and had a YouTube to show how it was made. I've seen it made at least three other ways but I liked this one the most. So I watched the video three times and came up with this build.

Original Huffy Ladies Beach Bike frame
Huffy_Swingbike-01.jpg

Hacked the frame.
Huffy_Swingbike-02.jpg

Hacked out the frame pivot
Huffy_Swingbike-03.jpg

Frame pivot ready to weld on rear frame.
Huffy_Swingbike-04.jpg

Forks inverted on flipped forward frame ready to weld on frame pivot.
Huffy_Swingbike-05.jpg

Man thanks for the motivation!!! I have a couple old frames that are gonna take on this modification.And just for those guys that really have skills[and imagination]what about a tall/swing bike!!??hey Greylock if your ever gonna swap out those grips keep me in mind.HAHA

Those are fine grips there my friend. I'm going to extend the bars, paint them, and put those grips back on. These bikes are so much fun to ride and freaks out anyone who's watching. As far as a tall bike one there is a guy Mike Watson I think from Ottawa that has a mid size one and he rides it well. I'm looking to to make a chopper swing bike. Who knows, maybe I'll make a tall one..................if I don't break my neck :shock: first.

GL

What better way to satisfy those suicidal tendencies than to ride a tall/chopped swingbike. Take out an insurance policy and please be sure to make a video so we can all share in the thrill.

Back