Hurricane Bike.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_20220724_141318597.jpg

This is my daily commuter. My only means of transportation. I live in lake Charles,Louisiana and we were hit by Laura which destroyed a lot of things. I mention that because this bike has to be reliable.

So far I put a cloud 9 seat. Some Schwalbe marathon plus tour tires in 26x2.0. and replaced the chain with a kmc heavy duty chain.

I got the bicycle for free. It's a hyper bike co steel cruiser.

I need some new fenders. Anyone have any advice on some durable ones that are under 75 dollars. I looked at some planet bike composite fenders. Anyone use these?

Also, my rear hub is a china bomb coaster. I plan on getting some new wheels but right now I can only get the rear. I want to use a Shimano cb e110 with an alloy rim. Anybody know where I can have that built?

I have a few other things to do but right now I'm concentrating on the rear wheel first then the fenders.

Thanks in advance.

Often the local bike shop offers wheel building services. The cheaper option would be to watch a few videos on the process and try it yourself. Then just pay the bike shop to make sure it is true (straight and round)

Back