Husky Industrial Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Got this bike on the cheap and the only thing it needs other than a good cleaning, is a front tube. Nice heavy duty frame and rims. The seat is huge! Thinking of dropping a camo paint job on it. Have an old oversized basket that I am going to paint and slap on it

Those make awesome 26" BMX Cruisers. I believe Porkchop used the Husky design for the Landrace adding rear facing dropouts.

Yes, that was what they did, plus Porkchop went full-chromoly, whereas most Husky frames have chromo stays, and high-ten main tubes-- the opposite of what most mixed-tubing frames have. Also, this looks like an earlier version, based on the fork, the curved chainstays, and the fact that it apparently has no integrated kickstand plate. (Either that, or some yutz used the top plate on the kickstand for no reason....) I have a later-model HD-120, and it has straight stays, a tubular fork, and a kickstand plate. FWIW, the only difference between the HD105 and the HD120 is that one uses 12g(.105) spokes, and the other rocks 11g(.120) spokes, like a Worksman. The frames and other components are the same. I been Klunking my Husky; I love the high BB shell for clearance, but I feel like the geometry is pretty steep (especially up front) and i prefer slacker geometry on trails....

What are you planning on doing with yours?

Alas, I sold the bike and made some really nice money on the flip which I will use to but two really nice bikes that o have my eye on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back