I also might be getting a van

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I've been looking at this to be my custom bike hauler/camper to maybe go to shows a bit further away from home. Hasn't been driven to death like delivery trucks usually are. The couple that owns it ran the vending machine route that includes the factory I work in. They have now retired and sold two of the three vans they had, this one being the middle-sized. Cargo area is 6Wx10.5Lx6.5h. 84 Chevy, 292 straight 6, turbo 400 trans, steps on the back, regular doors, not a pull-up door. They've had a lot done as far as maintenance/upkeep service. The downfall, $2500 asking price. Some negotiation possible but not much. Any thoughts? I see stepvans in worse shape selling much higher, and this one can carry my tall bikes along with everything else. Plus this thing will be great canvas for some mural fun, and custom touches in general. But the price?!:arghh:
IMG_20140113_155522_338_zps5332a33d.jpg

how many miles are on the drive train?
At about 80 thousand miles those motors are about shot. Especially in a high demand use, such as pushing that billboard thru the wind!
The upside is, a 350 will nearly jump in place of the chevdog.
If it has the big rear end, decent brakes, front end is acceptable for daily driving, it's worth the asking price.
Good luck.

Looks cool, around here I see those go for $3,000-$5,000 even in that condition. If I had $2500 I'd go for it. Also is it an aluminum body? I know some were.

I've Always Wanted a truck like That for Bike Shows ,there is a guy around these parts that drives one like that too our Local bike shows and just seems like the perfect Bike Hauler !

~RafaeL~

I love stepvans. It is essentially a one ton truck, so it's worth it if not more. I'd buy it, drop in a 454/5speed out of a C30 or aa 4bt/6bt/5speed from an old commonrail dodge. Louisville Metro Housing Authority uses these Chevy Stepvans and they are well worth it.

Latest posts

Back