I AM SAM !!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Name is Sam, and I live in the Boulder, CO area, though I grew up in the Lake Tahoe, NV area. Long standing nickname is Margrette (after the annoying redheaded girl who chases Dennis the Menace around :mrgreen: )

Just recently took interest in vintage cruising. My first project is what I call The Rat-illac, a May, 1979 Schwinn cantilever frame. I am not sure what model the bike may have been (Typhoon, Jaguar, Tiger, etc...), but the frame, cranks, chainring, and seatpost are all original according to the guy I bought it from. :roll: Maybe someone here can help me with the serial number, to tell what the bike originally may have been.

I also ride road bikes, play mountain bike polo, and used to race D/S for Barracuda/Dos Equis, team XX

Glad to find this forum. I look forward to many more projects.

welcome Sam!
there are a few Coloradoan/Denverites on here. Do you cruise with the Denver Cruisers or the Boulder crew? I know the Denver Cruisers have quite a few ladies who ride and build. It's nice to have so more ladies on here, we have a couple really talented ladies, one who is an awesome pinstriper. Look for her stuff...her name is Doll Face Striper. You should check out some of her work http://myspace.com/pinstriperbrittney

jeff

WELCOME!

ratdaddy: Sorry for the misunderstanding...the reason the nickname stuck so well is that I am a guy. :lol: Sorry to let you down...just another twig-n-berries to add to the tally. I don't cruise with anybody as of yet...This Thursday will be my girl and I's first outing on the Boulder run, and I am hoping to talk her into coming out with me for the Midnight Classic in Denver. Oh, and by the way, thanks for the link to the lady pinstriper, I might try to get ahold of her to have her give my ride a bit o' flair. Looks like she has the knack !!!

I AM GODHATESCLEVELAND!!!!!!!!!

Schwinn has a date code hidden in their serial numbers, and where the number is stamped is also a clue. In fact it's that way with a lot of bike manufacturers. You can also get a general date or determine the model type by some of the components, for example, a certain chain guard might only have been made for a couple of years or for a specific model bike. But it usually takes a combination of the above since some parts may have been mixed & matched over the years.

A good place to start is here:
http://www.bunchobikes.com/serialnumber2.htm

her name is Doll Face Striper. You should check out some of her work http://myspace.com/pinstriperbrittney

Holy cow she's got skills! She's got line weight and balance down perfectly.

Welcome. You could then say Samantha. Could'nt resist. Sorry Sam....Just jokin...Welcome and have some fun..

Welcome! I love Boulder!, going to go Snowboarding there this year. I blame Boulder for sealing the deal on getting a cruiser. I so loved Boulder. I was dating a girl who had an internship at the local paper. I use to go to Left hand Books and Rex's Records Shack and on my B-day I took a Electra "RatRod" for a test drive. I was sold. unfortunealtey I am as poor as the son of a maple syrup sharecropper can be and was lucky enough to find an old CCM recentley. Anyhow, The girl is no more but the Bikes are gonna be here for always.

Back