I bought a brand new bike????!!!!!#@#$%^!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
We have been hanging around Shattuck OK awaiting our turn to deliver our wind tower sections to the jobsite since yesterday so for fun I stopped in the local Alco Store to see how many BORKS they had in stock.. Turned out they still had as many as last week, so I asked to speak with the manager to see if she knew what hazardous bikes they were trying to sell. Turns out they had been trying to straighten out the situation since December and they reassemble bikes as they get sold the correct way. There was a Huffy Good vibrations on the shelf on clearance, two flats, and a pound of dust on it, so I asked if she could discount it any more as I could use the tires and seat off it for a project....I doubted she'd discount it more but she offered another $20 off..
Well, now I own it. Brand new made in China Cruiser.. It is pretty, chrome is all bright and nice maroon metallic paint.......took me about an hour to retighten everything and assemble things correctly, and the fork on this one was actually on right. They do need to hire another bike guy who knows what a tight bolt is, lots of loose and crooked stuff..

I got to ride GV around the truckstop parking lot, and actually enjoyed it. For a cheap bike, it was comfy. HEAVY, yes. I had to tilt up the handlebars so I could make turns without them hitting my knees, so now I know why some bars are up so darn high.....The coaster brake stays on when applied, I'll have to look at that.
Now the dilemma.. steal the parts I wanted to build a rat Murray up with or......keep it stock .....or sell it for a profit?? It had killer 12 gage spokes on it, nice whitewalls, and half moon bars, with a typical cantilever frame.

Anyone interested in a stripped down Good Vibrations frame and fork? Or should I stick the remains in my attic for someone to find 50 years from now...?

Awhile back, bought a Walmart/ China Schwinn for the wife off C/L for 45.00.It looked as good as new and she rode it a couple of times and then decided she wanted "gears''. I can't bring myself to strip it for parts. Regards, Craig.

Latest posts

Back