i bought something

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
33xh383.jpg

ozzmonaut said:
Is that the Walmart sidehack?
yup, but for me it was craigslist. has a 2 year wheel to wheel warranty on it still "son got it for christmas, would rather have a fixie"

I'm keeping my eyes open for one. They don't have them at the WM here, but you can get it online then delivered to the local store. Cost is high though, so I'm hoping someone else gets one and changes their mind. Most people in my area don't even know what a sidehack is though.

I bet I could teach my dog to ride on that sidecar with her paws up on the bar. You could haul another person on it, or even groceries. Neat bike. Gary

I've been eyeballing these on the WM site for a while now....they're actually pretty cheap all things considered.

So how difficult is it to get going on one when you have a passenger?

I'm assuming that they have to push some to keep you going with the extra weight.

actually riding isnt to bad, it has a 25 to 12 sprocket wich does come in handy, turning left is a breeze, kinda like turning on a trike, but turning right. . thats a whole other story. so long as your passenger leans toward you, you wont fall, if they dont, then you have to be very careful. ive had this thing for a day now and its probably the most fun ive had with a bike since i figured out how to put a freewheel on my trike, so i guess its staying haha.

I finally ventured out to the garden center to the see the 2 my Walmart has had since just after Christmas, they are pretty stout. They still have the old price on them (you can see the old price and new price on the Walmart website). I am waiting for them to sit a little longer before I ask the manager for the "rusty bolt heads" discount, then tell him about the online price. I'd lose the sidecar fender though, just tell my monkey to be careful.

Awesome, I have been looking for a used one too. Right now I don't have the space in my shed. Considering the price you couldn't build the sidehack for what you'd pay for the whole bike.

cool little sidecar!

Latest posts

Back