I feel like I'm talking to myself

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
My posts in the forum have just about all slipped by without any responses. I usually try to post good meaningful input to the website but its the silly things that get the most feedback.

It seems like I can't get any response to my items in the for sale section...no replies in the bike talk...

oh well, just wondering if anyone else has experienced this...

This post will probably fly under the radar as well :lol:

Tyler

No worries! I saw this one! usually there are sooo many posts i can hardly keep up myself.

Double Nickle said:
My posts in the forum have just about all slipped by without any responses. I usually try to post good meaningful input to the website but its the silly things that get the most feedback.

It seems like I can't get any response to my items in the for sale section...no replies in the bike talk...

oh well, just wondering if anyone else has experienced this...

This post will probably fly under the radar as well :lol:

Tyler

I feel like this is typical for a lot of forums, it will have swings.

I guess summer has taken the families mind off me because they don't hear me either!
It's not personal, build off, summer, pedaling, it all adds up to no internet time.

(PS) If I had an extra C-note I'd be all over that yellow belly chopper you put up to sell!

That happens to me when I sell things too, so it's not just you :wink: I think that summer has drawn a lot of people outside to tinker on things in the garage instead of inside on the computer :) I haven't been on here as much as usual :mrgreen:

The build off is drawing a lot of attention, but even the discussion thread there has be unusually quiet this year.

Kingfish replies to EVERY thread. :lol: You can always count on at least one or two from him.

Heck, if you go look at his profile, he posts near 9 per day. :shock: :lol: I don't know how he has the time for a job or anything. I've not been to a thread that he's not posted on until this one. :lol:

seriously, though. I see most of your posts but I only comment when I have something to say. (unless ifitsfreeitsforme posts something, then I will post nonsense 8) )

LOL!!!!
Check the post above yours that I must have been entering as you were typing.

Same here, sometimes I'll go do something else just to have a reason to bump a thread or take more pictures. :lol: The build off is winding down so things are frantic with people trying to get their builds done and sometimes threads go unnoticed. I get the same thing. I even get it on Craigslist, I'll post a deal when I'm broke that I'd be all over myself and it just sits for weeks at a time then I MIGHT get a hit. That's why I never buy a bike I will regret keeping. :mrgreen:

As far as sales go, people are using their cash for the build off bikes right now.

i think this is typical of any "club". Just look at how many members RRB has but it is usually the same handful who are actually participating with responses. A lot of times people feels that they have nothing to contribute or their idea is not worth anything but forget that their thoughts could generate an idea that would work.
As far as sales go, one of the fun parts of the hobby for me is to figure out how to create a part I need with what I have. So i rarely buy parts unless it is a safety issue as with tires.

Same here, I try to never buy parts unless the rest of the bike is so nice that it absolutely needs it or it would be improved greatly by adding something cheap to it.

:D

I think its just a seasonal thing. people are on vacation, picnics, boating , hiking, plus the obvious.... The hard to keep up with the posts BUILD OFF 8 ( my head is spinning trying to keep up , all while building one myself )

:mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back