I GOT ME SOME HOT WHEELS

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Back in the 80s and 90s my Grandfather bought tons of these cars. He'd got to the store 3-4 times a week for groceries and every time he'd go he'd buy several cars and then bring them home and stick them in brown paper grocery bags.

Every few months we'd come over to visit and he's hand me a bug bag full and say....there ya go.

I've had these up in my attic for over 15 years now and for some crazy reason I thought it would be a good idea to pull them down this evening. I think there are a few more boxes full up there, but this is what I could pull down before I burst into flames.

I have no idea if any of them are worth anything, but I would suspect not. Seems like that era for toys was all about people collecting them so there are probably tons of them out there in the packages still.

Click on the images below to see the larger version...

IMG_2603.jpg

IMG_2604.jpg

IMG_2606.jpg

IMG_2605.jpg

IMG_2602.jpg

IMG_2598.jpg

IMG_2597.jpg

IMG_2596.jpg

Cool! Some good ones in there. If you decide to let one of the Hot Wheels mini coopers go let me know. :wink:

You're pretty much dead on about those. By the 90's everyone remotely interested in diecast started seeing what 60's cars were going for and started snapping up everything, thinking they'd have that one variation that was worth something. If it wasn't limited to begin with, most of that stuff won't be worth more than you paid for it for a while. There are still some HotWheels collectors that look for variations in wheels and paint, but even that craze has died down quite a bit I think.

My 3 kidos have been eyeballing them since yesterday so I grabbed a few handfuls and said...have fun.

You'd have thought it was Christmas morning at my place. :lol:

Not worth too much, but still wicked cool! :wink: Those go for about $1 carded and 50 cents loose at my diecast club :D I'd like to trade some bike parts for some of those redlines you got, but I don't think I have anything to special :|

Thats quite the haul. If you did decide to sell them individually, I would be interested in buying some or trading for bike stuff. But I totally understand why you would want to sell them as a lot. Try them on ebay maybe.

I was one of those guys in the 90's grabbing all i could of these things , always still fascinated by all the detail they can put in one little car
and how they keep commin up with new designs every year !, i have totes upon totes of these little Treasures .

Peatbog said:
SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Not worth too much, but still wicked cool! :wink: Those go for about $1 carded and 50 cents loose at my diecast club :D I'd like to trade some bike parts for some of those redlines you got, but I don't think I have anything to special :|

Hey, did you get that pick-up truck finished?

I finished it the other day :wink: I'll post a thread of my customs in a little bit :D

Latest posts

Back