I had to buy it...you can see why. ***BMX Content***

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Fellow Rat Rodder and local guy, Tankalot had this bike for sale.

DSC06599.jpg

I know it's just a Huffy from the 80's but this bike kinda hit home. We were able to work out a deal that we were both happy with so last week I brought it home. I just plan to clean it up, touch up the paint chips and put it all back together. No upgrades, no mods, no fanfare. But I guess you should see why I had to have it...this is me, circa 1980 on my first new bike. I remember my brother and I both got new bikes from Child World that day. He got a Murray BMX bike.

39DA8B13-0E1F-46FE-8708-F5AF50D32421-7009-000007797462500A.jpg

I love the sturdy ramps we used to make as kids. A few scraps of wood, couple logs or bricks, nothing to secure it, no helmet or pads, Ah the good old days.

Awesome to have your original bike ( clone anyways ).

My first bike was a BMX'd out Fairlady, then got my Team Murray , would love to find a Murray again, black n red... been kicking around the fairlady idea, too.

Congrats and enjoy !

that's as good as it gets right there Dan. I know you've been looking for that bike for a while. I'm stoked you found one.

It's cool to have it, that's for sure. I now have my first and last Bmx bikes (well, recreations). Neither are high dollar pieces, but they bring back lots of fond memories.

And Crash, I was only 9 years old in that photo.

Latest posts

Back