I might have gotten a raw deal, but its perrrty.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Larry!

But I think after shipping expenses and such, it would be more than I'm wanting to spend right now.

I bet he gets a taker on his CL for at least $150.

I've seen the ladies versions in super clean condition like this one get close to the $200 mark on Ebay.

It's just a matter of the right person seeing it.

I know you guys know WAY MORE about Schwinn's than I.

But any Bicycle that is ridable,
in Good Shape,Built Well,Mechanically Sound...
and has Style that will last is Worth $200.00

I think in this case I think outside the Box..
and forget it's a Schwinn because then I would Compare it to a Schwinn and the Value of a Schwinn on the Market.

I would ask myself...
what Kind of Bike should I get for $200.00
and I would Pick this in a second over a Wally World Bike
for $200.00

If it was here in British Columbia,
I could sell it in 5 Minutes for $350.00 American!

just my 2 Cents..
I am in no way affiliated with Disturbio
or anyone who knows Disturbio :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

BTW...I would make sure the title says 1968 and not just 60s. Also you could include the words "Campus Green" since that is the official paint color.

Ratrod, if you're looking to get matching bikes, I have a campus green breeze frame in my junk pile. The paint is primo, with a couple of blemishes and the decals are intact.

donor.jpg

MVC-104F.JPG

dude I hope you get over $200 for that thing. Sucks your girl didn't like it. So I guess I need to post an intro now(i was enjoying being a lurker). By the way, I'm the one who sold the bike to you for $100. I think you can get more for it, I just end up with too many light weights to put much work into selling them. Good luck in your sale, and if you get $200 bucks for it give me a call and I will sell you a real bike. :lol:

-Brian

Change your listing category

You may be better off, no you will be better off listing it in the Schwinn - Complete bikes category. Just my advice.

joe

Yeah, She said it was "Okay", maybe I dont need a new bike, but a new girl huh? I dont know jack about what vintage stuff is worth.... I figure if somebody makes me an offer on ebay, I can roll it over into something I want.

Who does that, If someone offered me a Schwinn, no matter what it was, I would at least learn to love it.

Dont matter now, she bought a brand new Mt. Bike, She got it at Sears so it must be quality( how do you make scarcasizm sound on internet).

Curtis :!:

Again thanks for all the help

I think you will do pretty well with the ebay auction. I saw basically the same bike on ebay for like $300.

An Update.

SOLD! My sister wants a bike, so I didnt make any money on it, but I didnt lose any either.
The bike is on its way to YUMA AZ. I am happy too, I thought maybe I could make a buck on it since my lady friend didnt want it, but now at least I know it will be taken care of... And I got my money back to buy something new (well old, but to me)
I don't think I'll go the Schwinn route agian, I want something I can really tear into. I will probably hit up Brian again for some mens frame.

PPS I got this bike cuz my lady friends got stolen, Last night someone cut the lock on my roomates plain jane huffy mt. bike.

PHOENIX HAS ALOTTA BIKE THIEVES!!!!!!!!!!!

Back