I need a good springer fork

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a springer fork for my bike build and it is no good. It flexes a lot, bends easy, and it is not straight. I have to play with the wheel palcement in the forks to get it close. This is a black springer fork I got off ebay and it is made cheap. I guess i get what i pay for. I have been playing with it trying to get it alined and to get some of the flex out. Now i am thinking maybe i should get a better one. I have looked and all the ones i find all look the same. one of the local bike stores has a schwinn one for $150 that is a lot better quality but I still want to look at other options. I have other bike shops to check out when I find time. Is there any that have bushings? well i guess I will try working on this one I have some more for now untill i get it right or something better pops up.

Two of the more popular springer forks that rat rodders are using is the Monark dual spring springer and the CWC Shockmaster. I can tell you from personal experience that some of the springers I've tried bottom out over medium to small bumps with my weight - 265. However the Shockmaster most commonly associated with Roadmasters and other top of the line CWC built bikes is designed in such a way that there is no bottoming out. They are listed quite frequently on Ebay and here on RRB. My only suggestion would be to stick to the ones with a forged flat blade style fork. Some of the older ones with a tubular style fork has less inside tire clearance due to the wrap around design of the springer support. I had to grind down one of mine to get a 2.125 Goodyear Double Eagle red repop tire to run on trued rims without rubbing. Good luck and happy hunting!

Latest posts

Back