i need pics please..

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hey gals and guys...

I picked up a or what was sold to me as a prewar Schwinn i have been looking around here and there and have seen a number of different style of prewar bikes.. but the rear drop out on the bike i picked up have what look like lil fins on the bottom that stick outwards I have seen this on another bike but i for got where i seen it or what it was for the matter..i have not yet seen a prewar Schwinn with these lil fins...so i think the guy who sold me this was told it was a Schwinn and he sold it based on the info that was given to him..i don't have any way of posting pic's at the moment but am asking if any one with these bikes (prewar) can post some pic's of the rear drop out so i can try to determine what i really have even if its not a Schwinn i still got for a deal just want to know what i have..im gonna strip the paint off the BB case to get the numbers and pull the crank also to see if there's any thing on it i just haven't had the time t do it.
Thanks in advance peeps..
SORRY.. I did get some numbers off the bb case but they are real crude and all over the place..
KO 209 is what i can make out but theres like one more number i cant make out

post up some pics. The smooth headtube joints should be a dead giveaway as a Schwinn.

But I don't think Schwinn had those ears. Here is my 1940 Excelsior

IMG_20110801_184020.jpg

all the joints are smooth..so i thought i was getting a Schwinn has the 2 screw holes in the head tube for the plaque but that can be a number of different bikes also...thanks for the pics but my rear drop our look different in the sense of the lil ears..everything else right it even has a chain guard like this one on this bike im gonna try to post pics soon..
http://www.ebay.com/itm/WHIZZER-ROADMAS ... 415caee09c

The ears you are talking about are the stops for a drop stand. I have the '37-'41 Schwinn catalogs and they didn't make a frame that had the ears in that time period. It could possibly be a '33-'36 Schwinn, but I don't know if the used those ears back then or not. The sloppy stamping job on the BB says "not Schwinn" to me. Their numbers are nice and straight on all the prewars frames I have seen. Gary

B607 said:
The ears you are talking about are the stops for a drop stand. I have the '37-'41 Schwinn catalogs and they didn't make a frame that had the ears in that time period. It could possibly be a '33-'36 Schwinn, but I don't know if the used those ears back then or not. The sloppy stamping job on the BB says "not Schwinn" to me. Their numbers are nice and straight on all the prewars frames I have seen. Gary

thanks for the info .. as far as the number its not that they are sloppy more like not in the metal all the way lightly stamped... but im getting this things tore down this week and will be able to post pics ...im getting a new camera...yea!!!!!!! :lol: but i will post some pics soon
Thanks again and any other info post it up ...

Latest posts

Back