I need something milled, or at least drilled (plating?)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I hope the right person sees this and can help.

I built a pair of custom intake manifolds for my '59 beetle with a subaru engine. I built them out of mild steel. I am a little concerned about future rust. I want to do it right. I am thinking aluminum would be better for several reasons. I can get the aluminum for about $40. I would want to have the blocks milled to be similar but beefier than the steel manifolds I made. I would change a couple of things like making the exterior design easier to mill, and changing the angle of the water lines, but here is what I have right now.

I have also thought about leaving the aluminum blocks as blocks and just drilling all the holes out.

Does anyone here have experience and equipment to do something like this? ...Or know someone who does? And most importantly, a price.

Thanks

SubaruSwap.jpg

Re: I need something milled, or at least drilled

im sure theres quite a few that could help you out.......you might want to at least put what state youre in to get a response though

I am in Utah, but shipping would not be an issue. Each manifold would fit inside a 3-1/2 inch cube.

Possible change in plans. I am thinking about just having these surfaced, and then having them plated with something.

Any suggestions on a good plating material for this application?

Latest posts

Back