I think I found my build off bike Worlds oldest muscle bike.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
There has been a lot of debate about the Worlds first Muscle bike .. I think I can solve this long lived debate .. This may or may not be my build off bike .Does anyone have any idea on how to make a solid tire rim strip for this thing .. Or how to make two direct drive rims with no brakes from standard bicycle rims .Id rather make air tires on this if possible . This Turns on a dime & flies .. :D

DSC00462.jpg

DSC00464.jpg

DSC00472.jpg

DSC00473.jpg

Gold Street Customs said:
Buildoff! Buildoff! Buildoff!

I was thinking build off when I bought this I was also thinking 8 feet of skip tooth chain must have some value :lol: MY prolbem is I have a lot of choices to use for a build off already & this will totally change my game plan .. :D I have no idea what to do with this ? Rebuild it as it was back in the day ? Build somthing totally off the wall & nuts ..A space ship Army tank Fire Truck come to mind ? ? :mrgreen: :?:

outskirtscustoms said:
If you build it you'll get one of my votes!
Thats great but what would I do with it ?? I have to make sure it doesnt have crazy value as a wheel chair.Although its a piece of history as it sits . I dont think it will have crazy value due to condition ect .. at least not more value than 8 feet of skip tooth chain.. Im thinking fire truck ?

I wouldn't modify it,it is cool the way it is and might be somewhat valueable,I've never seen another one like it!

Cool find!It looks like lots of fun and laughs.Very unique.

You could lace some S-2 or conventional rims to It and Roll. A little sanding and stain/polyurathane and It would be unreal! I want one!!!

Im not sure what to do with this ?? I have not certain what its worth ? I have a idea of what its worth to me.. I know there has to be some bucks in the chains alone.. :D All this needs to be driven is a rim strip & some of the seat base wicker to be reinserted into place ..
Im considering the following options..

Restore it ..

Modify it & make it my build off bike..

Or Id consider a local trade for a Shifter Banana bike ..A Huffy Rail a 5 speed Raleigh chopper or something else cool ect..Or a Nice Balloon tire Tank bike with a Springer & rack..

Im leaning on one of my first two ideas.. As to what to do with this. But Im willing to listen if somebody LOCAL has a great trade ..I figure its worth asking.. :D

My suggestion would be to completely service it and get it functioning properly and find,or make,a seat to sit on top of the original wicker.Take it for a spin.Let friends try it out on an obstacle course.Have you seen the crazy bikes at a Tour de Fat event?Do some research to find out any kind of value in the medical collector areas while daydreaming about what it could be with the ratrodder touch.I've seen lots of old wheelchairs,but none with hand pedals.If it has little value,go crazy :!: :idea: :!: Kinda looks like an antique adult Sit-n-Spin.Have Fun!

Circa Cycles said:
My suggestion would be to completely service it and get it functioning properly and find,or make,a seat to sit on top of the original wicker.Take it for a spin.Let friends try it out on an obstacle course.Have you seen the crazy bikes at a Tour de Fat event?Do some research to find out any kind of value in the medical collector areas while daydreaming about what it could be with the ratrodder touch.I've seen lots of old wheelchairs,but none with hand pedals.If it has little value,go crazy :!: :idea: :!: Kinda looks like an antique adult Sit-n-Spin.Have Fun!

Its is like a sit & spin ... I considering selling it locally maybe .I really dont want to & Id like to redo it to use it if anything , but its a garage eater (Not a space saver ) I can put 5 bikes in its space :D

To quote Indiana Jones "It belongs in a museum!"

Seriously though, if it's not worth much, I think it
needs hand cranks AND pedals and then use it to
power a twin sidewheel BOAT!

Latest posts

Back