I used to ride bikes, now I just take them apart...Hi, from Florida

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think I Introduced myself on these forums.
Franco here...Space Coast.
My career, a cabinetmaker, master carpenter, boat builder, now, I tinker with bikes.
More of a bike 'rescue' and refurbish kinda guy now...thanks to a lot of info. I've read on here...
find bikes, clean them, fix em' paint them if need be, redo bearings, chains, cables. flip 'em on Craigslist, or, just keep them for pars... stuff like that.
I'm learning.
Some of the builds on here are just unbelievable. Help, I can't stop looking.. now I'm up till 1 every night looking at builds...
Great site and best regards to all who participate here

Franconuevo

01212_uTYVbAgQ1F_600x450.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome aboard

Maybe you can use some of your woodworking skills to build a bike.

Wow Franco. I think you may have gotten the rrb virus on your computer. My phone does the same thing. It won't let me stop perusing all the amazing builds on the forum until way past bedtime. Welcome. I love your tagline. I too would rather wrench than ride on most days.

Cheers
Lucas

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

.......I too would rather wrench than ride on most days.
Cheers

Lucas

Ha...great line Lucas...it 'is' more fun to work on them than to ride them....absolutely, born tinkerers know that one.
Yes I plan to combine some of the woodworking stuff...with the bike stuff....right now, I'm in an odd cash flow situation...I.E. NONE, so I'm really freecycling....:rofl:

Spent so much time on the 'show me your klunkerz' ' thread last two nights that my eyes hurt. BUT....I've been scoring some good finds on frames..n such..discarded...working up a clunker of my very own now.

Also...want to do a thread or maybe one exists on flipping or selling bikes...I mean..the most 'logical' place is Craigslist...but your price is set for you there...you can work for a day or two on a bike ,..and it's not going to fetch more than 45 bucks.....depends where you live I guess, but I'm in Florida..land of the cheapies, no one has deep pockets here....
Where on earth would you sell some of these builds you guys make?

Sotheby's Auctions ?
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...zekf4urnpcvFE_fjg&sig2=KZ5Am4pKk-5Cm49px47acw
ok...out to find some bikes..
here's a 75 Varsity I did...it's better than new now ..lol
SV_7347-2.png

I think we sell our stuff to each other....many of us are addicted and do what we an to buy that next tail light, frame or front end. I'm sure any of us could stop any time we want...we just don't want to

I'm sure any of us could stop any time we want...we just don't want to

Great line, Barto...so true
I'm on the move again...pulling my tiny trailer behind me....guess what's in it....two half built bikes and 5 huge boxes of bike parts...:happy:

franco

An old guy I know here in town calls it a sickness. See an old cool bike for cheep or in need and fix it up. He keeps most of them. Rarely turns one loose.

Building... riding...

Latest posts

Back