I want to...................................................

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Put this suntour three speed hub from a 26inch wheel into a 20 inch. Is this possible or will i have problems? Is this suntour three speed hub a decent hub?Im trying to put it on my stingray.Is there any reason why i shouldnt? i figure ill have to change the front sprocket at the worst to run the same size chain as the girls bike.
lookatme012.jpg

lookatme011.jpg

lookatme009.jpg

here is what i want to put it the new wheel on if i can.
lookatme006.jpg

i have a few rims here to choose from. i would of liked to use the schwinn rims but i dont like trying to hunt down schwinn tires. i just found a pic of a three speed stingray. i didnt know they came like that. thank you for all the tips everyone!

a buddy and i took a sturmy-archer 3 speed hub(from a columbia 14") and re-laced it to his stingray no problem.

sure it can be done ....no one has mentioned frame width , I usually have to stretch the frame to fit the wider hub and you will need to find
a brake caliper to work on that frame.......probably easier to find a 3 sp. hub with a coaster brake

Back