I was bored, so...............

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It was the Labour Day holiday today, and after cleaning up my work area, taking a load of garden waste to the dump, and going for a bike ride with my wife and son, I got bored, so..........................changed some bars and tires around.

From this
IMGA0223.jpg

To this
IMGA0243.jpg

And this
IMGA0215.jpg

To this
IMGA0245.jpg

I'll ride/look for a week or so to decide if I like the changes or not.

I really like the silver bike and it is a toss up on which tires look better, I am a big white wall fan but the redlines make it look faster.

id say a nice switch up. really like that silver one, too. i know how it gets and from time to time i will change things up on my bikes, too. worse case, i don't like it and i will switch stuff back.

The blue bike (1970 Speedwell) is my favorite rider at the moment. I've been riding it to work for a week and really like the changes. The gearing is sweet and last night I even fitted the San Marco Rolls saddle that I purchased for my RRBBO4 bike (didn't look beefy enough for the FATRAT, gonna use the saddle of a $10 bike instead :? ). I might even spring for a new BB and some cotterless cranks :shock: .
Some students from my school who sit where I ride into the grounds of a morning keep asking when I'm gonna ride one of my cool bikes with the whitewalls again. I guess some kids have good taste too.

Latest posts

Back