ID help

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
20180909_135234.jpg

This is a picture of my Dad back in the 40's with a bike that he scrimped and saved to buy for delivering newspapers. Any ideas of what it is, besides cool?

Last edited:
I would guess Colson

colson.jpg

Tough to be certain, kind of like trying to tell a Huffy from a Murray Schwinn clone from a block away. Looks like CWC roadmaster fender braces to me, assuming that (flip a coin lol) my memory is correct.

Did he buy it new? I'm pretty sure the fenders are CWC, i think the frame is CWC (however, the only darts I can find that are close are Schwinn :wondering:)...but, I can't place any double bar rainbow frame with curved stays. You say back in the 40s...the frame is more of a '35-'40ish style. I'm wondering if it was a bit frankenstien'd when he got it?

Jason

Did he buy it new? I'm pretty sure the fenders are CWC, i think the frame is CWC (however, the only darts I can find that are close are Schwinn :wondering:)...but, I can't place any double bar rainbow frame with curved stays. You say back in the 40s...the frame is more of a '35-'40ish style. I'm wondering if it was a bit frankenstien'd when he got it?

Jason

The more research and thought I give too this you might be right.

I know the picture was taken in the 40's because of my Dad's age. However, considering that Dad bought it himself and the poor economic situation his family was in, I doubt that it was new, and very well could be a mixture.

Latest posts

Back