If tubes could talk

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This reminded me of that tv show If Walls Could Talk.
schwinn_american_63.jpg

Wanted something different to ride on tomorrows pub pedal so I drug this frame (63 Schwinn American) I've had down out of the attic and added various components including this cool old Brooks saddle.
As I was cleaning the frame this fell out of the seat tube...
business_card.jpg

(I blurred out the name)
The bike is a 63 so they obviously bought it used. Anyway thought that was pretty neat to find.

What a great combo...love the blue color and the chainguard is VERY cool.

What kind of seat is that....it looks slick too.

Pretty wild finding that paperwork. Reminds me of finding the build sheet in an old GM.

Don't even recall where I got this frame but it had the black paint just on part of it like it was a spilled paint accident of some kind. The forks were bent and had no paint. I straightened them the best I could and sprayed them with flat black. This must have been a Deluxe American as it has tabs on the top tube for a tank.
I'll eventually finish the bike. I have a couple ideas in mind. I like to ride em around for a while ratted out before I finish them though.
Oh and if it wasn't clear, that was a rolled up business card that was in the seat tube.
The seat is a leather Brooks with springs. I think it came of an old Raleigh 3spd that I picked up at a garage sale. The leather Brooks seats even without the springs are pretty comfy in my opinion.
brooks_saddle.jpg

I love the brooks saddle alot too my sons faux military bike has one that sat outside for 20 years and was all dried up but after some conditioner and 2 years of riding it looks perfect for what we wanted..

foremost.jpg

This is the bike I whipped up for my wife to ride at the pub pedal. Again it's just a frame I had stashed in the attic and put various components on it.
I believe it's a JC Penneys knock-off of a Spaceliner. Has a light and horn in the tank. Got the light to work before the ride and the horn working yesterday.

Back