I'm a wantabe from Northern Indiana

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been cruising this site for awhile now and figured today would be the day I set up an account and introduce myself, plus I have a question. My name is Kevin, I'm about a half of a century old and I get a natural high riding bicycles. Was at my mother-in-laws a while back and we went out by her garden and this is what I found
3679123578_5684c9094a.jpg

Back in the 60's I had a bike similar but it was a Schwinn. Has anybody ever heard of a Sportmaster? Anyway, asked if I could have it and now am in the process of cleaning it up.

I love seeing the work that others have done and want to build a stretched bike but my problem is I hate to cut up a good bike and I haven't found pieces yet. Besides bikes I am into air cooled volkswagens, mainly buses.

That's a cool bike....love those off brand muscle bikes.

We've got lot's of collectors here so someone should be able to pinpoint the maker and year.

Markm, would you believe LaPorte. I'm down in the Kingsbury area. I see you are a moderator, cool. We should meet up.

Welcome Kevin,Quite a few folks around here pushin' the half century mark...Cool muscle bike, I have the same bike but its no longer in
original condition and have seen others with off brand names... mine was badged a Western Flyer sold through Western Auto Parts if I
recall they were produced by the Chain Bicycle Co. but being an old guy my memory is failing :mrgreen:

Mark

What year of bus do you own?
There is a couple here on CL I saw this morning.
65 11 window $1500
64 23 window $5000
Wish I had some loot

The 23 window ad is a scam. I have seen that on CL at different locations and different prices. I would say the 23 window is worth over $30,000 in that condition. Is the 65 from madison? I saw an ad I think that was from there. I currently have a 74 Bus, 77 Westfalia, 78 Riveria, 78 Bus (with handicap ramp) and a 82 Vanagon diesel. Pictured below is the herd minus the 78 Riveria.
driveway1.jpg

Welcome!
I've got a red Hawthorne that looks very similar. Both have the same twin top tube frame. Nice bike!

Latest posts

Back