I'm Guilty of it!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I'm guilty of being one of those guys who slithered around the outskirts of this site for a long time, just watching what was going on and more or less commenting to myself (it's not a mental disorder until the voices talk back!) about how great some of the bikes are that I see here instead of going ahead and creating my own log-in and making an official intro. I'd bet there are thousands of people just like me who do the same thing, checking out the site daily but never joining in. Then finally when I did create a log-in, I thought I could just sneak in a comment here or there and no one would notice that I never did the intro thing. It's easy to do. But now, after reading the comments in the Bike Talk section from Site Owner about what should change, and seeing how the regulars feel about people not making intros, I understand a little better and want to play by the rules. So with that being said,

Please allow me to introduce myself
I'm a man of wealth and taste
I've been around for a long, long year
Stole many a man's soul and faith ...

No, wait, that's not me! That's Mick Jagger...or Keith Richards. Sorry guys. I'm neither a man of wealth nor taste. And I haven't stole anything........well except for that brass clip i just had to have for some odd reason when I was in the second grade and thought I could just put it in my pocket at the hardware store. Yeah, I got caught and took a serious woopin from my dad for it. Thanks Dad. So, to give you an idea of my age, that was about forty years ago. Now I'm a middle aged salesman who's growing more hair in my ears and on my back than on the top of my head, who's living the dream of raising two great kids (son-17 and daughter 11) in an older waterfront community in Virginia Beach (don't let the name fool you - it gets cold here too!). I caught the bike bug a few years back when I stumbled upon a 1954 Columbia girls bike at an estate sale and couldn't pass it up. My quiver isn't huge; I only have nine bikes in various states of disrepair/refurbishment. Although I love this site, my bikes at this time wouldn't impress many of you and I can only hope you welcome my type. However, I just got my new Brooks saddle from Chain Reactions Cycles and it looks so awesome when I hold it up to an early 50s Monark I have that I'm close to jumping into that as my next build. You guys are an inspiration, no question. Before coming here I would have just cleaned it up and put it away. This will be my first attempt at ratting out an old bike. I'm jazzed about breaking out of the "same old same old" and you can expect pics soon. So, that's me. Peace.

Latest posts

Back