I'm not sure if this counts...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
...as a 'Fresh Find'. But I don't think there is anything fresher than brand new, is there? My oldest REALLY wanted this bike as his top choice. Searching for a used one is what led me to this site, actually. But in the end the wife and I bit the bullet and bought a new one. It's going to sit at the LBS until Christmas. Meanwhile, I'm going to get a set of 7.62mm ammo cans as saddle bags, and various Army Surplus doodads to attach to it. Oh... and the surplus store has Army helmets, so I think I'll try to convert one to a bike helmet! :D

2012_Felt_MP_3_LG.jpg

I wish I had parents like that... I had to trade for my bikes and do bike repairs to earn money. Loved every minute of it though.

They come out just a hair shorter than the quick bricks, but they make the bike look more like the old army indian's and 45 harleys. Fatter tires=better. And they should fit, just measure the width of the rear stays, and if its got about 3¼ spread, they'll fit if u get the wheel centered :D

That bites, our bike shop gave me a discount when my grandpa came in, and they still do even though he passed. And the thick bricks make the bike look meaner too!

Seen these in the flesh...erm tin, they're very nice bikes.
Have a look for WWII 30cal ammo tins, more in keeping with the period of the bike than the 7.62 tins.
post-4-11620684501.jpg

Or you could look for reproduction 'M36 Mussette bags' for panniers. I've got two (1942 & 1945) originals as panniers on my Schwinn and the they look great (even tho I say so meself!!) :D
DSC02228.jpg

7.62mm and 30cal are the same can. I'm going to get them from the base, so I'll get what I can get. I have seen those saddle bags, as my local surplus store has them, so they are my backup. I've thought about using those as front pans, but they may be too big, and I don't want to overdo it.

The old tins do turn up at garage sales and so on. I've got a stencil somewhere I made for some WWII 30cal tins. I'll scan it if you want to copy. The living history guys (of which i used to be one) quite often use repro gear... some of it is quite reasonable to buy.

My army surplus store here throwes away alot of cool stuff that goes good with bike, Found a box of bout 30 grenades only picked threw it and got 2 of um, flags hats pins solid brass belt buckles...

Nice! :D My parents bought me the El Guapo :mrgreen: I'm 5'5 and fit fine on it, plenty of room to grow! :p
076.jpg

002.jpg

Latest posts

Back