Industrial Klunkers and Frame Comparisons

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You'll notice all the dried mud on mine...it has never been cleaned since its 22-24mile trip down (two sides) of a mountain. Rock gardens, stream crossings, switchbacks...you name it. It had three issues, two related to no shakedown ride before starting out (handlebars and seat both came unadjusted...need more umph on the tightening) and the third was a result of using what I had around. The shimano rear has about a 1/4" play side to side...but, it was pretty shot before the start of the downhill. What irked me is that I had the son-in-law ride this, and I was on my 29" Monocog. On the few opportunities that we were side by side on a smooth section of trail...he would roll faster!

It had three issues, two related to no shakedown ride before starting out (handlebars and seat both came unadjusted...need more umph on the tightening)

gutentight-sticker-600_grande.png

Ya that's no fun... I usually check everything a couple of times for tightness, specifically since I set off on a test ride last year and had a stem only hand tight!
Never knew a bike could turn so fast! Ouch!

Latest posts

Back