Info Please.!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
I got this 24" Schwinn cruiser for my Wife at a car swap meet about 8-10yrs ago and finaly posting it up here to find out some info on it.. Here are some pictures for reference.. Also need to find out the correct seat for it too.

It's hard to tell, because to me it just looks 60's. But according to the serial number and placement it should be 1948. Didn't find the exact serial on the list, but there is a gap where this one likely fits. Wheels are likely not original. The quick release on the front hub definitely isn't. Maybe an older frame with 70's parts added?

That's the girl's version of the DX. If it were a 26", it would be model D37X. Not sure of the model # for 24". It would be different. The seat probably looked like this one, only black. A girl's seat should be easy to find. The Bendix hub is an RB2. That's the best single speed coaster Bendix ever made. It's from the 60's. Gary

Thanks guys for the info.. Now I need to get the correct saddle for her cruiser..
What price range am I looking at for this saddle.?

From the 1948 catalog: 24" girl's bike
6ynnkl.jpg

Back