Insane shipping

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered parts ($62) for a build I'm working on from BikePartsUSA.com in Oakland Park Florida, about 300 miles south of me on 10/15. They shipped Fed X on 10/19 the package went to Orlando and sat there for a day about 150 miles south of me, then a day later they shipped to Ellenwood GA about 160 miles north of me. It shipped north again to Atlanta 225 miles north of me. Now it will be delivered on 10/27.......I paid for shipping. It wasn't free............Never again......Just sayin

All the major package/mail companies route things through major sorting centers before they go to the receipent. That is how they have become efficient at delivering anything to anywhere. Some package shipments don't make sense to you, but they do to the computer/software that figures this all out for more the 9 million daily shipments.

You never said if you paid for Express(air) or Ground.

In Orlando?? is it something i can use? ill pick it up for you.. :mrgreen:
but cman is right where i worked we had to send things to cali sometimes the package going in to canada just a few miles gets it to its destinatiuon quicker.. how i have no idea i just works..

I'm used to shipping "Ground" with Fed-Ex but lately they've introduced "Home Delivery" and if it's not a business address I believe the cost will be different than what it used to be for ground. Home delivery is separate from Ground and is separate from Express. I've got a friend who is a subcontractor for Fed Ex and my bro-in-law-in-law works at the Fed-Ex sort facility. They do have it down to a science of sorts, so much in fact the US post office uses them.

FedEx SmartPost- When it comes to low-weight shipping for residential customers, consider the efficient, economical FedEx SmartPost service. By utilizing the U.S. Postal Service® for final delivery, FedEx SmartPost reaches every U.S. address, including P.O. boxes and military APO, FPO and DPO destinations. You can even use FedEx SmartPost to ship to Alaska, Hawaii and all U.S. territories.

Looks like it goes from Fed Ex to the USPS. Extra time for sure.

I like it when I order a part, or say 10 of the same thing since I work on a lot of bikes. What gets me they charge 3.95 shipping per part for the 5.99 item. So 60 bucks for the 10 parts and then another 40 bones to ship. Wow $100 for 10 items.

Bottom line I ordered because they were close to my zip code, I would have paid for a speedy delivery if they would have given the option........

I used to work for RPS, which is now FedEx ground. Usually shipping routse were pretty linear, unless you were way off the beaten path. Sounds like your box got put on the wrong truck by mistake and took a little vaction up to GA, and is now making it's way back to you. With the volume of packages they move it happens from time to time.

I always ship UPS when I can I hate messing with fedex. Ive had stuff come from the east coast thru both and fedex always takes a couple days longer, with UPS its straight to me with fedex it goes fedex to st. louis then passed off to USPS then goes to kansas city then to me.

Nope everything fed-ex does down here goes through Atlanta Ga not sure why but it does

I found away from the insane shipping, went to Niagara Bike and ordered something like $78 in parts, shipping was another $67. Then I found it, order $100 or more and shipping is free. Just buy that amount and it ships for free. The best thing, I ordered 8 tires and a bunch of parts and it came in a nice large box, It will keep me going for a while and shipping was free.

I would probably just ask the company if they have an account with usps. There are more "hubs" with usps, basically any large city. So they tend to get things a little more linear because they can also send the package to an outpost and allow the truck that picks up the outgoing mail/parcels take it to any outpost nearby. My dad works for the post office, albeit as a supervisory technician, but he knows the processes.

I recently shipped a package from here to Illinois, one state over. You'd think it'd take a few days, maybe a week right? I shipped it on November 8th and it got there the day after thanksgiving! Efficient? I could have delivered it on bicycle faster. :roll:

Latest posts

Back