Interesting Issue I have here... lol

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I really love my Nakamura mountain bike, it's the best mountain bike i've ever owned, who would of thought anyone could love a nakamura, this one has no info on net or like it was ever made, the colors and the feel of the ride make me like it alot, it's also plastic free.

So heres my problem, i'm gonna be upgrading it but I have some weird sized parts on it... like the front fork, I don't think it's normal at all that I can stuff a threadless fork into it, it fits perfect too. I wanna put suspention on this bike, I was offered a cannondale headshock, they say they only fit cannondale but because of this weird sizing I think it may fit mine.
Thats right thats a Threadded fork thats bigger then a threadless. lol
100_2390.jpg

It's the size where the stem clamps around that I notice, the alloy frames make them look super big, shocks are 50$ I can't go wrong, I plan on buying a vintage cannondale when I can find one, so if the shock sucked i'd replace it with the one I bought

if you need / want a 1-1/4" fork, i have an NOS Rockshock with a threaded steerer tube. Older fork and probably not the best performer but yours for the shipping cost. I think it is a spring elastomer type fork, may have pre-load ability but not much else.

Pretty sure that Nakamura is a Raleigh (more accurately Derby) made (Asia) re-badged Nishiki after they killed that brand off, "headbadge" logo is hardly changed.

I think It is a japanese bike, the rims where and I think it said that on the frame. So I guess I have a mongrel I think it's also an 80's bike due to the weird color. regarding the headshock fork, can you take a picture of it and maybe the side of steertube that goes through the headtube.
I wonder if I should do a build thread on this bikes, I've already started getting parts, I gots me a shiney new Sachs 7 speed freewheel, a crank and those blue front breaks. also some mavic rims and serface drifter tires.

Latest posts

Back