international shipping

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys,
it tears me apart to see your fabulous bike frames and the cheap prices you buy and sell them for in your country!
There are no decent shaped frames over in England for me to build anything other than a racer with straight tubes which I dont want... I dont really want to build my own frame unless I have to...

Do any of you lot know how much sending a complete bike or just a frame to the UK would be and wether import duty or tax would need to be paid or if it can be avoided ???

I see that most of the adverts on here dont post internationally is this because it is way too much to be worthwile for either party..

Thanks in advance..
Clive..

It can get very expensive unfortunately. I gave up on the idea partly because it was so expensive and partly because they do turn up from time to time over here. Although expect to pay 3 to 4 times what the guys in the US would pay for the same bike :( They are out there though, just harder to find! The Schinn anniversay models come up a bit on ebay uk like the Cruiser Deluxes and the Deluxe 7's which are nice but prices can vary between £250 - £380 depending on condition (thats $395 - $600 to our amercian cousins!). Even so thats probably cheaper and quicker than buying one getting it shipped, damaged and repaired !bringing one over. I found an anniversary model over here and I love it its my everyday bike and is very rugged and rideable I reccommend them highly. There's a few lucky so and so's over here with vintage bikes too (check out Boris' Schwinn its fab!)

Cheers, I will keep an eye out.
I would prefer a classic bike to either a new one or building a frame, but I guess I will have to take whatever comes along.
I did not know wether it would be cheaper to post a frame and forks rather than a whole bike but I would still need the bits to go on it..
Also, I have no experience of international postage and would not mind waiting for a bike to arrive over the sea rather than by air if it were cheaper as it would probably be quicker than building a frame :roll:

Then theres the whole customs thing, do I need to pay duty on bike bits or is it only on a whole bike... :?:

Latest posts

Back