Intro - mcbike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

I originally learned about this site after buying a 64 Schwinn on ebay that was listed as a Rat Rod and I started searching. My 11 year old son loves riding it as much as I do. After lurking on the site, I've now started stripping it down to refinish. Love the great ideas I've seen and the how-to has given me the direction to get it done this winter. Since I'm now working on it, I thought I better register and intro myself.

I live in north central Indiana, and like doing any kind of bike riding.

Here is a pic. When I got it, it was rideable and cool in its own right. I'm interested in cleaning it up, giving it a little pop and cool factor, but not to go crazy on my first rebuild (That's right, I'm planning more!). In this case, you can see the front rim has been stripped clean. Since this shot I have completley disassembled the frame. It's ready to be sanded and painted, but I'll have to time that with the weather. I've already put to use many great tips in removing paint that I learned on the site.

64%2BSchwinn%2BHornet.JPG

If this first attempt at posting an image doesn't work, just click on the blog in my sig to see it.

Mike

Welcome to the board.

I tried fixing the pic but it wont stay. you might try uploading to photobucket. pretty simple to post pics here and your blog from there.

cman said:
Welcome to the board.

I tried fixing the pic but it wont stay. you might try uploading to photobucket. pretty simple to post pics here and your blog from there.

I'll get on that by tomorrow and repost. Thanks for the help! I also will post in another section to get some opinions on paint, etc.

Mike

Back