Is it still a barn find if it's your barn?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided to pull my 67 Bug out of what has been a 6 year slumber. I can't believe it's been that long. I parked it for the winter in 2003. At least I think that's when I parked it. It could have been 2002. The tags expired in 2003. I've never changed it over to Missouri tags, I moved here in 2002. It was registered in Oregon, even though I lived in California. I'm the second owner, and I bought it in 1981. I repainted the exterior in 2000. It was original paint, but it had worn through in a lot of places. The interior paint is original, as are the pans. The car has never had any rust. It's on it's 3rd engine. Right now it has a 2110cc with two 44 IDA weber's. It'll out run 5.0 Mustangs. I cleaned the trunk (see pic of the mouse nest) and the interior tonight. Everything still works great. The battery took a charge. I put fresh gas in it, and it started right up. I drove it up the road tonight. It's cutting out a little on the top end, so I'll look into it tomorrow. It,ll get the exterior cleaned up tomorrow, as well as the engine.

As parked

r0300252v.jpg

Hidden away

100_0718.jpg

100_0719.jpg

I need to finish this

100_0720.jpg

Pulling it out

100_0721.jpg

The tags

100_0722.jpg

In the sun light for the first time in 6 years

100_0723.jpg

The mouse nest. No wiring damage

100_0727.jpg

2110cc

100_0724.jpg

Original paint on the interior

r0300254.jpg

I did all the work on this car myself. The paint is getting a little tired again. Maybe a repaint this winter. I'm going to put it on jack stands tomorrow, and check it out on the bottom side. I think I might need to change the axle boots. It had a puddle of gear oil under it. Dean

hmmm........2003 mustve been the year for parking cars......my caddy and truck both have those as the last years on the road as well(i think it had something to do with a baby in the house)

I'm curious as to why you parked it in first place . That is usually reserved for broken cars. Maybe too many projects. Looks like the back half of a scooter for the make a three wheeled car build....waiting

Uncle Stretch said:
I'm curious as to why you parked it in first place . That is usually reserved for broken cars. Maybe too many projects. Looks like the back half of a scooter for the make a three wheeled car build....waiting
Missouri winter. It's a rust free CA. car and it's going to stay that way. I drive my truck everyday now. I drove this everyday in CA.

A bug thread! Ok, here's my bug pics. There is an abandoned house a ways from here where 2 bugs and a little British car (MG? Triumph?) were left abandoned about 15yrs ago. The British car disappeared about 10 yrs ago. One of the bugs disappeared maybe 5 yrs ago, leaving only one bug. I drove by there the other day and snapped some pics for you VW guys of the one that was left. Someone has stolen many of the goodies out of this one...not much left. Gary
DSC04050.jpg

DSC04049.jpg

DSC04047.jpg

DSC04048.jpg

my 67 is still forsale. it is a 57,000 mile car. i am sad no one realy wants it other than a few low ballers on samba one offered me 1000 cause he is in so cal, and the other 300. sorry no thanks. i am down to 1800 i am depressed

B607 said:
A bug thread! Ok, here's my bug pics. There is an abandoned house a ways from here where 2 bugs and a little British car (MG? Triumph?) were left abandoned about 15yrs ago. The British car disappeared about 10 yrs ago. One of the bugs disappeared maybe 5 yrs ago, leaving only one bug. I drove by there the other day and snapped some pics for you VW guys of the one that was left. Someone has stolen many of the goodies out of this one...not much left. Gary
DSC04050.jpg

DSC04049.jpg

DSC04047.jpg

DSC04048.jpg
It looks like a 71 Super Beetle. What's the bicycle tire and wheel in front of it?

Latest posts

Back