Is This Worth It?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got offered this mint Meridian today for 60 bucks and a 90 mile ride. They have the basket but dont know why it was never mounted. Lady said she rode it one time but due to health reasons was unable to ride so has sat in storage. Not my favorite trike. Much rather have a Miami Sun or Trailmate in worse shape for same money. I hate the 3 piece crank because I like to regear my trykes plus hate the bicycle seat and handlebars. Gotta think about this one. May be a deal for someone but not sure that person is me. Bet that thing pedals like a tank.
hu2u5e7a.jpg

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

To me thats a "throw away" trike. I would rather have something older that I can change to suit my liking. Thought about getting it to resell but I dont think its worth the hassle. I see many people asking 250.00 or more for them but honestly if I got 100 bucks for it I would be lucky.

The last one I got I picked up for $30 then spent about an hour cleaning it up and used it to trade for 4 barn bikes. If your wanting the trike for yourself Id skip it and keep looking for a Sun or any other older trike. I put one together for a woman last summer and I know she only rode it a couple times and she put it up for sale a month ago for $200 and its still sitting.

I couldnt resist I went and got it. Yes the bike is brand new. I rode it about 5 minutes. It rides very nicely but not sure what I am going to do with it. That basket rattles like there's no tomorrow. I may list it for 200 on CL and ride it til it sells or not.

Those fenders are worthless and flimsy. I may take them off. That basket should have been one piece. Those chains and the basket itself plus the rickity fenders cause way too much rattle. It was built pretty to sell. As far as riding it seems to do well and the gearing isnt bad. For 60 bucks and some gas I think I did ok. I hauled it home in our Kia Soul by taking off the wheels. My Soul can haul a regular 24 in tryke easily with front wheel remover.

Decided to sell it. This thing is CHEEEEP made junk. I am scared somethings gonna break just cruising around so I parked it and listed on CL.

UPDATE Sold it for 180.00. That was about 170.00 more than it was worth. Thats the first and only one I will ever own.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back