It’s winter

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The middle of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan
It’s lightly snowing out now but it’s not sticking as it’s 49F. The weather guesser says that there will be snow tonight with snow and freezing rain tomorrow. The guesser says that there will be a school closing snow storm early next week. I’m declaring it winter, at least for a few days. It’s time for everyone to get serious with their winter builds.
image.jpg

I feel you Northern brethren, @us56456712 and @MattiThundrrr ; and our transplanted 'Sconnie brother @Captain Awesome . We bottomed out at 32 degrees F during the night. It's now 41 at 7 a.m. , but the 'feels like' temp is 36, because there is only a 5-7 mph breeze. We will top out at 49 today. Next week we have a couple warm days and sunshine.

We had a cadre of bus drivers at the school transportation company that would wear shorts well into winter. Only when the temps stayed steady in the single digits did they finally give in.

I feel you Northern brethren, @us56456712 and @MattiThundrrr ; and our transplanted 'Sconnie brother @Captain Awesome . We bottomed out at 32 degrees F during the night. It's now 41 at 7 a.m. , but the 'feels like' temp is 36, because there is only a 5-7 mph breeze. We will top out at 49 today. Next week we have a couple warm days and sunshine.

We had a cadre of bus drivers at the school transportation company that would wear shorts well into winter. Only when the temps stayed steady in the single digits did they finally give in.
Your actually more north than most of the population of Canada. We like to make look like we're mighty people of the North but we're lying.

I'm camping this weekend in a lean-to in mid-upper VT (doing a gravel grinder). It's gonna be low 30s at night. I'm bringing every sleeping bag I own haha.

Last edited:
Your actually more north than most of the population of Canada.
CanadaDenisty.png

It's just the tip, but it's where all the people are lol. I don't think people realize just how empty the top is.

The red bit acts like it's the centre of the universe

Your actually more north than most of the population of Canada. We like to make look like we're mighty people of the North but we're lying.
View attachment 212171
It's just the tip, but it's where all the people are lol. I don't think people realize just how empty the top is.

The red bit acts like it's the centre of the universe
One of the largest cities in the world is Timmins ont covers massive amount of land and .5 people per square mile🤣

25 percent of our pay
You are underestimating...
"Canadians pay a whopping 42.5 per cent of their income in taxes, according to a new report by the Fraser Institute"

They calculate a thing called Tax Freedom Day, where if all taxes were paid up front, it'd be the day where the average Canadian starts earning their own money. This year it was June 15. That means we work 5 months and fifteen days for them, 6 and fifteen for us.
https://www.fraserinstitute.org/categories/tax-freedom-day
You gotta look beyond the income tax. The average Canadian family pays over $4500 in sales tax per year. This one hurts, on average we spend $1700 on "liquor and amusement" taxes

You are underestimating...
"Canadians pay a whopping 42.5 per cent of their income in taxes, according to a new report by the Fraser Institute"

They calculate a thing called Tax Freedom Day, where if all taxes were paid up front, it'd be the day where the average Canadian starts earning their own money. This year it was June 15. That means we work 5 months and fifteen days for them, 6 and fifteen for us.
https://www.fraserinstitute.org/categories/tax-freedom-day
You gotta look beyond the income tax. The average Canadian family pays over $4500 in sales tax per year. This one hurts, on average we spend $1700 on "liquor and amusement" taxes
I was better not knowing that but if I cut my toe off even if it is my fault it's covered

I was better not knowing that but if I cut my toe off even if it is my fault it's covered
Haha I left property taxes off the list too. You don't wanna know. I am not complaining about what we have here, good roads, decent education, free healthcare, etc. But you know it could be better, plenty of money always goes into the wrong pockets. Did you see where Trudeau was trying to have his plane hidden from records so we wouldn't see where he was flying, how much we were spending?

Latest posts

Back