It came from planet X....53

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I missed the Klunker build because I was too busy, but things are slow so here we go.
The only spaceliner I have is too nice to rat so I dug out this Western Flyer X-53 from the project pile, hopefully its spacey enough :)
Tentative parts list;
Skirt guards from a ladies JC Higgins.
Nexus 3 speed laced into some painted drop centers
Ape hangers
Caslilsle lightning dart WW tires
???
x53002.jpg

i was so hoping somebody would enter one of these bikes!!! totally spaced out man!!!

Easy E

I am sad to say I probably won't make the deadline either. Here is a pic of the mockup, I rode it around the block and came back and the tires were flat :(
bike.jpg

I also did some brainstorming with a tailfin and a Deluxe Rocket Ray headlight.
tailfin.jpg

frontend.jpg

I still plan on finishing this one when the weather breaks.

that bikes the bomb :D you know what would be really cool find a rockateer helmet to wear when riding it 8) :D i really like your bike i bet its going to look really really sweet when its done :mrgreen:

Wow, I agree, that is SWEET. It was a tgruly great idea to add those fantastic skirt guards. Why did the boys' bikes never have them to begin with...? Have you any idea as to whether this one will be painted or not, and if so, any idea on the color(s)?

Unchained said:
Wow, I agree, that is SWEET. It was a tgruly great idea to add those fantastic skirt guards. Why did the boys' bikes never have them to begin with...? Have you any idea as to whether this one will be painted or not, and if so, any idea on the color(s)?
i think may have the answer there called skirt guards they must have been to protect womens skirts from getting caught in the tires

Thanks for the encouragment guys. I plan on flat black and silver for the paint scheme. I also want to extend the fenders and make some skirts for the front fender as well. Hopefully things will warm up here and I won't have to freeze my butt off while I work. Kinda makes me less motivated.

That is a very good thought, I hadn't considered that. I assumed they were done in resemblance to the automobiles with the metal "skirts" (as they were called) which covered the rear wheels partially for a luxurious, clean look.

Great idea on colors! I would be very tempted to go metallic red, white, silver or blue. :D

For sure! A new bike on my "must own someday list" :lol: ....Murray built X 53. These things are sweet!

Latest posts

Back